sadmanbarty

If you take that Steven hawking one above which is amazing can you even remember what us rap that was taking its cues from production wise?

lex luger midi-orchestral fanfare. the whole gully/gaza era was also loads of strings. all three countries in lockstep. a bit like the turn of the millennium.

luka

What year is it from? It feels way earlier than lex Luger times. Hammier. Like this stupid shit do you know what I mean

luka

Yeah this is what I'm saying. That stuff you isolated that I was drawing attention to earlier this evening. Delirious.

luka

Unbelievably stupid. The stupidest thing that ever came out of London but you sort of have to admit it's brilliant

sadmanbarty

Let's talk About this

drill has this real unfulfilled draw towards dance music. it constantly flirts with it on the periphery. very briefly. very coyly. those drill-afroswing fusion tracks. homerton b as carni drill.

these gestures to garage rap:

it's like the old, nuum london will briefly posses it for a while. tempt it to continue the lineage.

that showkey tune is the closest i've seen to that being realised.

luka

Every time I hear the possibility I'm like gimme that but don't give me some stupid dance Rolex sweep thing to go with it just rap normal please don't make it a game

sadmanbarty

the road continuum

bleep and bass- grime

bleep belongs to house and techno, but does usher in an age.

grime belongs to the nuum, but likewise ushers in the road age.

hardcore- road rap

dumb, hysterical (in both senses of the word), pandemonium, amateurish, illicit

even cheesy:

jungle-drill

rhythmically sophisticated. the crystallisation of an aesthetic.