droid

Often with droid I feel he always ascribes evil to the outside, something imposed by power without anything acquiescent, collaborative or willful in humans beyond physical frailty and individual mortality to help it on it's way. This may be a mischaracterisation. Vim has a fairly dull commonplace vision of men being bestial.

Not quite, my view is fairly uncontroversial wrt human capability for good and evil. We can go either way, but it depends hugely on the environment and pressures that surround us. Other than some very rare specimens, anyone who doesn't think they couldn't (in the right/wrong circumstances) become a concentration camp guard is fooling themselves.

droid

But Ive had this discussion a thousand times, and the fact is that acts of cooperation and compassion outnumber acts of violence by an order of magnitude, otherwise we never would have survived thus far.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm interested in this idea of systems created by humans becoming (or always being?) inhuman. Almost like the dystopian sci-fi fantasy of how AI will turn on its creators.

Because I'm instinctively inclined to believe that anything created by humans IS human, and reflective of our natures, but that's probably not sound.

Sometimes these structures are inversely reflective (if that makes sense) of our natures, in that they're created to mitigate against our natures.

And of course often they are systems which were created before our time, by a small group, that don't serve "our" interests anymore, if they ever did.

It seems trickier to be humane in a global, mass society, when you're living in a city like I do and you don't know 99.999999999+% of the people you encounter on the way to and from work (and you don't know most of the people you work "with" either).

Even leaving aside the existence of psychopaths who don't need any help to block off their empathy.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Because I'm instinctively inclined to believe that anything created by humans IS human, and reflective of our natures, but that's probably not sound.

I dunno, sounds reasonable to me. A bit like how AI researchers have created chatbots as a tabula rasa but then trained them on conversations between members of the public in social media of one sort or another and hey presto, now you've got a horribly racist, sexist chatbot.

version

Has anyone ever met a genuine doomsday cultist or one of those people stockpiling for the end of the world? Brexit stockpiling doesn't count.

luka

After starting this thread I got pisssed and lost my house keys this was on Sunday and I slept on a bench and this Romanian lad on the next door bench came and put a blanket over me. Later when the sun came out we went to Greenwich park and fell asleep in the heat.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Has not been bummed to death by a homeless immigrant changed your view on the opening thesis?

I feel sorry for the dude if the park is the only place he had to go.

luka

That guy, he's got some options, he's educated, he's got cousins here with flats, it's not a good situation Hes in but a large part of it is down to wilful perversity. I gave him a sleeping bag he's another nutter like me so I'll look out for him where I can.

forclosure

I'm with my man Joe on this one.

JOE ROGAN PODCAST ALL DAY ALL NIGHT!

Corpse i find your enthusiasm for Rogan unsettling,wont be long before you start rockin Tap out gear and get a chest tat, that kind of hardcore masculinity isnt native to Britain man

but in all honesty i aint surprised by that quote hes not the first sort of martial artist weight lifter guy to say this something i always understood from when i was a yout but its not just martial arts you can extend that to learning a fighting style period

also it doesnt surprise me that he believes this cause i find alot of the philosophy of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu goes hand in hand with libertarianism

Last edited:

forclosure

Also i dunno i feel like this whole looking for danger thing it might explain why white people do dumb shit like go up close to dangerous animals out in the woods and do shit like Swating but black people dont do this shit because we got enough things on our plate that are trying to kill us even folks in our own community

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I don't really like Joe Rogan though. I mean he's a decent enough guy really but I don't find him at ALL funny (which makes his constant harping on about the craft of comedy unbearable), I don't think he's that smart, he gets on my nerves a lot of the time, sometimes he actively offends me.

I'm in it for (some of) the guests. Don't worry, I never listen to Jordan Peterson episodes (quite apart from anything his voice is grating). You want ones where Rogan says minimal stuff.

The intersection of weight lifting and psychedelics is where I'm currently loitering. I find it quite counter intuitive that body builders are smoking DMT.

luka

Dmt gives you, can give you, a much better awareness of your body, and body builders have incredible knowledge, intuitive, felt knowledge, of what muscles do what, the interactions between them and so on. It's incredible listening to them speak. I know I've got some arms and legs but I couldn't tell you what my scapula was doing at any given moment. Psychedelics always give me direct knowledge of the terrible wrongs I am committing on my body and make me stretch and sometimes jog and etc

luka

Corpse i find your enthusiasm for Rogan unsettling,wont be long before you start rockin Tap out gear and get a chest tat, that kind of hardcore masculinity isnt native to Britain man

but in all honesty i aint surprised by that quote hes not the first sort of martial artist weight lifter guy to say this something i always understood from when i was a yout but its not just martial arts you can extend that to learning a fighting style period

also it doesnt surprise me that he believes this cause i find alot of the philosophy of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu goes hand in hand with libertarianism

I mean the anxiety wrt Corpsey is that he is basically primed for radicalisation. He's the number one target. The fattened turkey. Just a few podcasts more and he will be one of them.