Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yes, where Matt Dillon plays a hubristic serial killer and that guy who played Hitler in Downfall plays Virgil, but called Virg in the film. Its premium provocation, in my mind. The things they do with corpses in that film...

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
And another extravagant use of a Bowie song in a von Trier film. The one in Breaking the Waves gave me chills both times I saw it.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
its a film?
Forgot to mention that Matt Dillon's serial killer deals with some kind of obsessive-compulsive condition. There was a memorable scene where, after committing a murder in a household, he goes back into his car, frets about any potential bloodstains he overlooked inside, goes back in to double check, goes back into his car, frets again, goes back inside to triple check, and then leaves.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
One scene has Dillon in a birds nest at a shooting field, terrorizing his wife and ultimately sniping his presumable step-son, both of whom he brought there for a picnic, and then forcing his wife to spoon feed her dead son a bite of apple pie, finally killing her and arranging their corpses into a bird's-eye assemblage.

version

E8latp3-WEAMVLq-M.jpg

version

"The premise of Season is that you play a traveller recording the last moments of different cultures before they're washed away," reads the PlayStation blog. The third-person, adventure bicycle game explores a Studio Ghibli-like graphical world, documenting it rather than trying to prevent the imminent collapse from happening.

The gameplay is centered around biking, exploring, recording photographs or audio, and encountering local people. The player character is there in the critical moment, just as everything is about to change. You are not there to stop the change but to bear witness to it, to make recordings and attempt to understand what is being lost before it’s gone.

The mission is similar to making a time capsule, deciding what would capture the spirit of the time period and carry it onwards. It’s a strong action to perform in the face of an uncertain future. The feeling that the good times are over is even more pervasive now than it was when we started working on Season many years ago.

Last edited: