luka

No. Apparently it's hugely depressing. Not heard anything good about that place at all.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Out at a local Cuban restaurant last night, had a great Paella Mariniera with Arborio saffron rice, seafood broth, jumbo shrimp, calamari, mussels, clams. They make it with an abundance of tasty broth, so almost borders on being a thick soup with rice and seafood. washed down with some craft IPA that I can't recall.

Oh wow, that sounds pretty special.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i made chicken cacciatore yesterday and just ate the last bits this evening. it was delicious.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yes - but we're going out to a proper restaurant tomorrow, so I'll be rocking the Tissot which had hands and a dial and everything! Cufflinks, too.

Sorry, you can't see the cufflinks. You'll just have to take my word for it.

DSC_2457.JPG

luka

Well tea if I had to describe it I suppose I'd put it like this
Cacciatore (/ˌkɑːtʃəˈtɔːri/, /ˌkætʃ-/;[1] Italian pronunciation: [kattʃaˈtoːre]) means "hunter" in Italian. In cuisine, alla cacciatora refers to a meal prepared "hunter-style" with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, often bell peppers, and sometimes wine.

Chicken Cacciatore
Course
Main
Place of origin
Italy
Region or state
various
Serving temperature
Hot
Main ingredients
chicken thighs, flour, olive oil, onions, chopped red bell peppers, plum tomatoes, green olives, fresh minced garlic, red wine, chicken stock, thyme, fresh basil, oregano
Variations
various
Cookbook: Chicken Cacciatore
Media: Chicken Cacciatore
Cacciatore is popularly made with braised chicken[2] (pollo alla cacciatora) or rabbit[3] (coniglio alla cacciatora). The salamino cacciatore is a small salami that is seasoned with only garlic and pepper.[4]

Contents
Preparation Edit

A basic cacciatore recipe usually begins with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil heated in a large frying pan. Chicken parts, seasoned with salt and pepper, are seared in the oil for three to four minutes on each side. The chicken is removed from the pan, and most of the fat poured off. The remaining fat is used to fry the onions, peppers or other vegetables for several minutes. A small can of

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
It's not often I encounter a type of dish I've never heard of before. Sounds Italian - could you describe it for me?

- i put some salt and pepper on the chicken legs.
- i bake the chicken legs until the skin is golden brown and take them out of the pan
- i fry some unions, garlic, spicy anchovies in the same pan
- then i add bay leafs (2), rosemary (2), cherry tomatoes (250mg) and chili peppers (2). (you can also add mushrooms!)
- add spoon of white wine vinegar, another 100 ml of dry white wine. let it all cook for about 5 minutes
- put the chicken legs back in the pan and let it simmer for about 30 minutes
- put it in the oven for another 10 minutes

i serve it with cooked potatoes. sometimes i bake them in the oven together with the chicken.

there's a lot of variations though. some make it with red wine and add olives and carrots.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well tea if I had to describe it I suppose I'd put it like this
Cacciatore (/ˌkɑːtʃəˈtɔːri/, /ˌkætʃ-/;[1] Italian pronunciation: [kattʃaˈtoːre]) means "hunter" in Italian. In cuisine, alla cacciatora refers to a meal prepared "hunter-style" with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, often bell peppers, and sometimes wine.

Chicken Cacciatore
Course
Main
Place of origin
Italy
Region or state
various
Serving temperature
Hot
Main ingredients
chicken thighs, flour, olive oil, onions, chopped red bell peppers, plum tomatoes, green olives, fresh minced garlic, red wine, chicken stock, thyme, fresh basil, oregano
Variations
various
Cookbook: Chicken Cacciatore
Media: Chicken Cacciatore
Cacciatore is popularly made with braised chicken[2] (pollo alla cacciatora) or rabbit[3] (coniglio alla cacciatora). The salamino cacciatore is a small salami that is seasoned with only garlic and pepper.[4]

Contents
Preparation Edit

A basic cacciatore recipe usually begins with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil heated in a large frying pan. Chicken parts, seasoned with salt and pepper, are seared in the oil for three to four minutes on each side. The chicken is removed from the pan, and most of the fat poured off. The remaining fat is used to fry the onions, peppers or other vegetables for several minutes. A small can of

I wanted yyaldrin's description!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
- i bake the chicken legs until the skin is golden brown and take them out of the pan
- then i add bay leafs (2), rosemary (2), cherry tomatoes (250mg) and chili peppers (2). (you can also add mushrooms!)
- add spoon of white wine vinegar, another 100 ml of dry white wine. let it all cook for about 5 minutes

i serve it with cooked potatoes. sometimes i bake them in the oven together with the chicken.

there's a lot of variations though. some make it with red wine and add olives and carrots.

Sounds really good - similar to recipes we cook quite often, although I've never put white wine with tomatoes and the anchovies are an intriguing touch.

entertainment

This sounds lovely

martin

----
I should add we went out with three friends of friends visiting from Argentina. by the end of the dinner, I wanted to visit to Buenos Aires. should I visit Buenos Aires?

I've only met two people who've been there. One got robbed at gunpoint by 3 cops, the other had a knife pulled on him in a bar.

IIRC, some sports writer for the Independent got beaten up in a bar there during a televised World Cup game, think it was '98.

But they could have been wearing 'Falklands Islands - Since 1765' t-shirts or acting stupid for all I know. And it's probably no worse than Southampton but with better food, so you should probably go.

Leo

ha...thanks, Martin. FWIW, we bonded with the Argentinian visitors and they offered to act as our guides during a visit, which might make things a little safer.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Heinz spaghetti hoops on toast with cheese on top. The hoops were augmented with sun-dried tomato pesto, jalapeños, parsley and oregano, and the cheese was extra mature cheddar. We finished off a bottle of cotes du Rhône that we opened yesterday.

Leo

slumming it today, tea? no way a meal like that is consumed while wearing a suit jacket and stripped shirt. that's strictly band logo t-shirt grub.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I had a crack at prawn bisque today at last in preparation for cooking it for friends tomorrow. A slightly complicated soup (by my standards) cos you make a stock by sauteing prawn shells and then straining the liquid. Then add loads of veg and stuff like wine and brandy , cook for ages and then add prawns and cream - and finally blend it all so you end up with creamy prawn broth... garnish with more prawns and coriander or whatever. Turned out good.

IdleRich

IdleRich
OK we have friends for dinner so it's gonna be prawn bisque part 2 for starter, then a main course of tofu glazed in a peanut butter and ginger-soy-lime sauce served with aubergines cooked in garlic, chili and spring onion and rice (I should have said, they're vegetarians) and then a dessert of blackcurrant tart from the Violet Cookbook. Martinis on the balcony at half-eight to kick things off though they will definitely be at least an hour late....
Let's hope it all comes together.

luka

Are they White monks or proper eastern looking ones? White monks doesnt feel quite the same does it? Unless they're Franciscans or something