Skream - Late Nite Request Line

gumdrops

does anyone know where mere mortals can pick up a copy of this track on vinyl? i am dying to get it.

one reason i like this track is cos its its 'well produced', but not clinical like a fair amount of dubstep seems to be. it also has some brilliant changes, that fluttery riff is a thing of beauty, and it doesnt make me feel like someone is vindictively banging against my skull with a sledge hammer like a lot of dubstep - some tunes are just too oppressive for their own good, i find it claustrophobic. you *can* be dark on a track without getting bogged down in gloom!

Last edited:

3underscore

gumdrops said:
does anyone know where mere mortals can pick up a copy of this track on vinyl? i am dying to get it.

Mortals can get it. If you buy a reasonable amount of dubstep people in the shop will know you, and they are making copies available. I have one, and I am no DJ, journo or anything. I just buy the records.

If you buy only a few tunes a year, it will be out October. I guess it is being used as a bit of payback for the hardened fan.

gumdrops

cool - so it IS coming out in october then. this might be one of my most favourite beats all year. i didnt like everything on that skream mix martin clark posted on his site, but as written by others, im sure he could put together a great album if someone came up with the cash. i'd actually really like to see more instrumental albums come out from grime/dubstep producers - an instrumental album from wiley or terror danjah would be amazing.

jahquarius

ByTown's Finest
gumdrops said:
cool - so it IS coming out in october then. this might be one of my most favourite beats all year. i didnt like everything on that skream mix martin clark posted on his site, but as written by others, im sure he could put together a great album if someone came up with the cash. i'd actually really like to see more instrumental albums come out from grime/dubstep producers - an instrumental album from wiley or terror danjah would be amazing.

sorry to barge in here, but is this the tune with the amens that drops at around 29 mins into the skream mix on blackdown's site? that one's it a hit for sure. wow.

mms

sometimes
Logos said:
Cool to see Newham Generals playing Skream's 'Basstrap' too.

everyone is playing late nite- it's all over rinse from the dubsteppers to the grime boys -
heard bossman playing it tonight and roll deep sunday -
quite mad how it's caught really

don't really understand people that say they are'nt feeling it ...
not to be aggressive or anything i just don't see how it's possible if you are into grime or into dubstep to see some aspects of total quality in it .

bassnation

the abyss
mms said:
don't really understand people that say they are'nt feeling it ...
not to be aggressive or anything i just don't see how it's possible if you are into grime or into dubstep to see some aspects of total quality in it .

of course, its a wicked tune. very detroit, those synth flutters. all i said was i'm not feeling it as much as those dubbed out half steppers that youngsta plays alongside it. if most people feel differently, then thats cool.

Red Rooster

Can't believe how long ago I posted this now - the summer has flown away!

Just picked this up from Juno, can't wait to play it!

[b]racket

'Request Line' is a total crossover, appealing to the dubstep, grime and electro headz alike. Pretty chuffed i managed to get a copy.

'I' is the one for me though - the track is sick...one of my favourite 12" of the year!

gumdrops

nice to hear dizzee over skream, but he didnt do as much justice to the beat as i was hoping. not sure why logan flipped the music to a hip hop beat for dizzee to rhyme over. i can get that on westwood!

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Dizzee hadn't been on westwood in about 8 months when I did that show.

And Westwood got him spitting on a grime beat. I'm waiting for the day someone says "I can get that on Logan Sama"

DonRuba

Stocktown man
Whoa-B said:
If I'm not mistaken, that double-dubplate mix is somewhere in this set:

http://www.lilo.net/~martin/YoungstaLoefah120505.mp3

There's a tune in this set that I can't stop listen to. It's 33 minutes into the set. I don't know much about dubstep, so it's probably nothing obscure. it sounds more like a hit to me.

There are voice samples from Doctor Alimantado's "Poison Flour" on it, like "12 o' clock natty" and some other stuff. But I'm not sure if this is on the record or if it's the DJ playing the sample on top, so I don't know if this is a clue to what tune it is or not.

Anybody knows what it is?

appleblim

easy mate! that tune is called 'Midnight' by Loefah....

its AMAZING eh?!

makes me think of Richie Hawtin doing dubstep.....totally stripped down and economical - but still utterly devastating....

not out yet unfortunately but its on the Youngsta Dubstep Allstars 2 mix which is essential....and DMZ crew are trying really hard to keep release schedules moving quickly, so we may not have to wait forever.....they have to be bigged up for this...it is a shame how much will be left by the wayside though....too much amazing music....

Loefah is COMPLETELY on it at the mo in my opinion......just on another level!

he's playing at our night on Friday in London if anyones inetersted...details here:

www.skulldisco.com