Overwhelming IRL sonic experiences

shakahislop

not exactly on the subject matter of the thread but wanted to write it down anyway. went to see some techno, nothing that interesting musically i guess, amelie lens, but with a good bunch of lads and i was amazed it happened at all, at the weekend in bushwick. as i said nothing special. but that kind of set up, the big room and a nice system, and the banger after banger approach she took, it's old hat i guess, but the basic formula just works doesn't it. i mean there's a reason why techno has stayed the course. that bass reverberation thing is incredibly accessible, easy to understand what's good about it, the nice feeling of getting pummeled by it, easy enough to dance to. getting to the industrial warehouse block that the venue was on and hearing everything shaking with the bass, then gradually making our way through an incredible number of layers of security and checks to get in with the bass in the background, was cool and exciting.

Reactions: Leo

linebaugh

I went to the movie theater for the first time in 3 years today and I had forgotten why thats an activity I liked. I dont think any movie with a dencent score/sound design could be boring in the theater setting.