DannyL

Wild Horses
In my head, the ultimate Brexiteers are a smug couple in late middle age, who live in a small town in, I dunno, Norfolk probably. They're not rich exactly, but are financially secure - both retired, own their home outright and two cars, one of which is a Jag. Didn't go to university, have probably never left the country - or if they did, it was a single holiday to Spain once, years ago, but they found it too hot, everyone spoke funny, the food was weird and the toilets weren't proper, so they didn't bother again.

And they get a warm feeling inside, a real beautiful glow, from knowing that their own grandchildren won't be any to participate in the Erasmus student exchange programme. Neither of them benefited from it, so why should anyone else? Young people have it too easy these days, anyway.

That'll show those uppity youngsters, with their stupid pronouns and their ooga-booga rap music.

That'll put them in their place, and stop them getting ideas above their station.

That'll show them.
A mate of mine got so enraged watching Question Time, and seeing a couple who looked just like this applaud Farage repeatedly, that he paused the show, took a screenshot of them, and tweeted a load of spleen underneath it, The tweet came to the notice of Brexit Twitter, and it went viral in the wrong way. He ended up thousands of abusive messages, people found out where he worked, found photos etc etc. . Some of the abuse he got was quite funny, we did have a laugh about it in the end, but he's still not back on social media. Was a total daft thing to do, single out a couple and lay into them.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
I think he got suspended from work for a bit as some of them started directly emailing, "are you aware your employee..."

uk-union-jack-flag-waving-animated-gif-8.gif

john eden

male pale and stale
It will be good enough for Boris to claim it as a victory, but bad enough for all remainers and reasonably switched on leavers to say that it is shit.

He will then presumably stand down as PM in Q1 2021 having "got Brexit done".

The specific details about fish quotas and all that will be all over the papers after Xmas.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It will be good enough for Boris to claim it as a victory, but bad enough for all remainers and reasonably switched on leavers to say that it is shit.

He will then presumably stand down as PM in Q1 2021 having "got Brexit done".

The specific details about fish quotas and all that will be all over the papers after
Basically better than No Deal and worse than what we had... which in the circs is pretty much the best we could have hoped for.

john eden

male pale and stale
Well I think the deal that was on the table a year ago was probably better but I’ve not looked into and it’s Xmas eve which may be the point.