Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

The measures are an over-reaction by design, as that's how UK crisis management is set up to work (prepping for the 'reasonable worst case', not the most probable one).

you always go on about this but I don't understand the argument, why would they do this? what's in it for them?

Leo

aren't asymptomatic people likely to spread it to high-risk people, since they don't know they are carriers?

mixed_biscuits

Also, where is the proof that asymptomatics are a significant transmission risk? China doesn't think they transmit.

mixed_biscuits

hucks

Your Message Here
a) where's the graph from?
b) better to track ppl actually ill rather than pos tests, given all the issues with the latter (which then affects the death figures @Mr. Tea)
A guy on twitter using the daily dashboard stats.
I know there are issues with the tests but the trends are clear. The number of positive tests rise when the proportion of tests that are positive rise. Then, two weeks later, hospital admissions rise, with some adjustment for age.

Also from what I read the big problem with the new mass testing is false negatives, not false positives.

Last edited:

luka

I don't think China wants to crash the world economy particularly. That's my opinion, as a noted economist and expert on world affairs.

Reactions: Leo

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't think China wants to crash the world economy particularly. That's my opinion, as a noted economist and expert on world affairs.
Well yeah, if we're all poor then we'll stop buying their stuff.

I mean, as an economics Nobel laureate myself, I concur.

Status
Not open for further replies.