Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

but there does seem to be a trend of, when civil liberties are taken away, they dont get given back. so we'll see. i think its prety reasonable to be wary or to feel paranoid.

Leo

we had innocent people in Japanese internment camps during WWII and that got all sorted out.

catalog

I don't see this either. Schools only closed this time round cis the union threatened walkouts. They want us out in the streets.

catalog

I have heard recently about a lot of draconian fines and sentences now being handed out for breaching rules. Like I think some students got fined 800 quid for attending a party.

mixed_biscuits

Presumably the government want to renew the Coronavirus Act in April(?) and a successful relaxation would preclude this.

The Coronavirus Bill has provisions that seem to be preparing us for something that is *a lot* worse.

catalog

Yes that side of things, a more authoritarian state, I do see that. This is the China plandemic angle isn't it, China wanted to make the west more like China, we are too chaotic and out of control.

sufi

lala
I have heard recently about a lot of draconian fines and sentences now being handed out for breaching rules. Like I think some students got fined 800 quid for attending a party.
someone i know grassed up their neighbours for having a noisy party and the neighbours got a £10,000 fine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.