Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Fantastic. Full of nautical terms I couldn't make head nor tail nor port nor starboard of—but which you, a sailor, would breeze through as second nature.

version

My copy has a Peter Hitchens quote on the back, so Luke will definitely love it.

"I envy those who have not yet discovered the wonderful books of Patrick O'Brian. They have a whole new world to discover. This is no mere sea story. It is history as it must have felt."
Peter Hitchens, Daily Express

luka

My copy has a Peter Hitchens quote on the back, so Luke will definitely love it.

"I envy those who have not yet discovered the wonderful books of Patrick O'Brian. They have a whole new world to discover. This is no mere sea story. It is history as it must have felt."
Peter Hitchens, Daily Express
there was a meme of that quote. picture of jack naked drinking chardonnay and smoking a mayfair, that quote in pink comic sans

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
4B2A08E400000578-0-image-m-36_1523744129866.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Historical fiction seems to be a big thing in the late middle aged men world.

Do you think we'll succumb as we head into our 50s and 60s?

I feel the tug already. Out with the postmodern tommyrot. I want to read a painstaking recreation of the life of Seneca's secretary.

The Hitchens interview on Novara had good bits - bastani slightly afraid of him, out historianed. And I even found myself agreeing with him on certain points

James and Samuel are comic drudgery lads - jokes on you English lit gimps jumping through their hoops a hundred years later

version

The Hitchens interview on Novara had good bits - bastani slightly afraid of him, out historianed. And I even found myself agreeing with him on certain points

i love him. hes a genius. vimothy got me into him.

I think he's something of a curiosity now. An entertaining curmudgeon that neither side really agrees with, but which both enjoy sparring with.

version

Historical fiction seems to be a big thing in the late middle aged men world.

Do you think we'll succumb as we head into our 50s and 60s?

I feel the tug already. Out with the postmodern tommyrot. I want to read a painstaking recreation of the life of Seneca's secretary.

I just got a copy of Memoirs of Hadrian.

luka

hes like third form. he says things that make no sense. he'll say the conservative party is run by trotskyites. its great.

luka

he'll say blair ran a communist coup and still holds the reins of power. hes thirdform with a national platform. he says any old shit. but with the odd good point thrown in to keep you on your toes.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
James and Samuel are comic drudgery lads - jokes on you English lit gimps jumping through their hoops a hundred years later
An Irishman must think like that, I daresay. We feel in England that we have treated you rather unfairly. It seems history is to blame.

He needs a very very potent dose of LSD

Peter Hitchens: ‘I don’t believe in addiction. People take drugs because they enjoy it’​

version

hes like third form. he says things that make no sense. he'll say the conservative party is run by trotskyites. its great.

Did you read his article on Germany? It's pretty fun.

Germany, of course, has never ceased to exist. It has just submerged about 90 percent of its former characteristics in a European sea, so appearing nice and harmless. And yet it has accrued huge power of the real sort. Its domination of EU economies through the euro is all the greater because it is exercised in near-silence. Greece and Cyprus, when they were foolish enough to challenge this arrangement, found themselves facing naked power that simply was not interested in anything they had to say. All others took note.