linebaugh

do you have specialty hot dog shops over there? usually slapped on to the end of a strip of fratty bars. You get a hot dog with pulled pork on top and mac and cheese on top of that

linebaugh

348s.jpg

luka

do you have specialty hot dog shops over there? usually slapped on to the end of a strip of fratty bars. You get a hot dog with pulled pork on top and mac and cheese on top of that
not really. but since around 2010 the whole anglosphere has been awash with 'americana' 'dirty food' outlets

linebaugh

not really. but since around 2010 the whole anglosphere has been awash with 'americana' 'dirty food' outlets
here all of those places have replaced the carpet with astro turf and play tame impala on the speakers and everything is served as a taco

luka

im vegetarian but i do like the idea of a hotdog. the israelis do the best vegetarian sausages. its a company called Tival. they probably experiement on palestinian children and so on but the sausages are great

linebaugh

Chicago is the hot dog capital of america. the oscar meyer weinder mobile was on my street just this week. I have them fairly often. the chicago style is pretty good as is its minimal sausage but doesnt get too cute with it

image8.jpg

linebaugh

here all of those places have replaced the carpet with astro turf and play tame impala on the speakers and everything is served as a taco
and theyre all set up like a cafeteria, so you get to walk around and have the option to get up to ten + types of cuisine all served as a taco. m fairly sure its what the caeterias in Norwegian prisons are like

luka

that is basically what a prison visiting hall/cafeteria looks like, more or less. that model has been creeping over here too.

luka

when i first lived in auckland in 1999 there was a place called food alley which i loved and was the same concept
but without the financial backing and interior design budget. all asian pretty much exclusively. very cheap and
the food was better than anything i'd ever eaten in london obviously

luka

ive just found out its closed down. im very sad about this now. really really sad.

linebaugh

when i first lived in auckland in 1999 there was a place called food alley which i loved and was the same concept
but without the financial backing and interior design budget. all asian pretty much exclusively. very cheap and
the food was better than anything i'd ever eaten in london obviously
this experience mythologized is what the trend is aping towards

linebaugh

nothing makes me more sad about the world than the complete homogenization of culture and aesthetics. I know its ridiculous but its true, television and internet have ruined violence and poverty for me and I have little first hand in expereince. When I see something like this I want to drink bleach

DJI_0050-scaled.jpg

luka

yeah i know. presumably they started in asia and reached places like nz fairly early in an authentic form (ie, heres a big space, people with no money can run very small resturaunts out of it and sell cheap food to cheerful punters) but we get the gross version

catalog

In England we can never get this sort of thing right. Specifically the portions are too small and it's too expensive. And there's never anywhere to sit. It's so cold and raining here all the time, half the time you just want somewhere warm.