john eden

male pale and stale
I guess it's good that Labour have been shamed into voting aginst the police bill at the last minute by the events of Saturday night?

wild greens

Read that massive thread from last year about Starmer being an intelligence asset after the comment on the previous page. I do believe it all now but it is also interesting that they didn't select someone more capable, unless that's the point

john eden

male pale and stale
10.30 I think? I think it'll pass though. Theresa May of all people apparently spoke strongly against it.
It probably will but is less certain now and we need to find our excitement where we can these days ;)

It seems like the Tories are pivoting towards getting this one through and then the need for even more police powers to protect women. So I am sure that will all work out great. One wonders what level of protection statues of women will get?

version

Read that massive thread from last year about Starmer being an intelligence asset after the comment on the previous page. I do believe it all now but it is also interesting that they didn't select someone more capable, unless that's the point
Link?

DannyL

Wild Horses
It probably will but is less certain now and we need to find our excitement where we can these days ;)

It seems like the Tories are pivoting towards getting this one through and then the need for even more police powers to protect women. So I am sure that will all work out great. One wonders what level of protection statues of women will get?
What could possible go wrong? After all, a women is in charge of the Home Office now!

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't know why they are so keen to protect the Churchill statue - if it will be out at night on its own dressed like that it deserves what it gets as far as I'm concerned.

wild greens

Obviously all conjecture but it's nice to see someone make an effort

DannyL

Wild Horses
Matt Kennard has appalling conspiracy theory views on Syria, so I'd take his account and conjecture with a side of salt. I mean, maybe he's right here but on the one subject I do know something about he's horrendously wrong so *shrug*

DannyL

Wild Horses
My eyes glaze over slightly when reading this stuff but looks to me like it's pro-Assange? And the Trilateral Commission has been beloved of conspiracy nutters for decades.

wild greens

It probably is all absolute shite- isn't everything just smoke and mirrors now- but things like the spycops bill etc do make sense within the narrative

Having now read this Kennard's timeline he does not seem like someone i would follow

DannyL

Wild Horses
The thing is some of it is probably bang on. Or at least it's interesting in itself like the meetings with The Times journalists. I'm glad all this stuff is recorded and the public can see it. But it's the inferences that lead from it i.e. he met this journalist and resigned two months later, like there's a casual link.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I'm sure there is a degree of institutional pressure that makes it impossible for the CPS to prosecute MI5. Don't know if it's tracked by them meeting for drinks a year later though.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Thought this was an interesting thread on "Labour holding the Tories to account" which everyone keeps saying they're not doing:
But it seems to be international issues rather than domestic where they're prepared to make the criticisms.

Last edited: