Later Rolling Stones Masterpieces

catalog

recently rewatched performance, cos i read the litvinoff bio. thought it was just OK. but the bits are better than the whole. i do like the mix in it, the extremes it's reaching for. in that bio, he talks about how the stones were like a party trick for litvinoff, he'd roll em out to increase his standing. till they got bigger and dumped him obvs. i think he (litvinoff) hung round with micks brother more maybe? interesting scene tho, that whole period. before the landslide.

catalog

oh shit yeah, im back to monkey man! but monkeys are my animals, so im ok with that.

luka is not yet a rock star lol

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

This was my favourite song by them but lately it was one of those ones which I thought 'oh this is actually dreary and his voice is ridiculous' about. It hurt to feel that way. But now craner said he likes it I feel comfortable liking it again.

craner

Beast of Burden
You have to be in the right mood, though. The first time that song clicked with me was drinking a Jack Daniels on a flight to New York, above the clouds and blinded by the sun.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was reading Lester Bangs last night (who writes about the stones a lot, and brilliantly) and he talks about how 'Blood on the Tracks' is an album he only likes when he's drunk as fuck and just been rejected by a woman who he's fallen in love with.

Woebot

oh shit yeah, im back to monkey man! but monkeys are my animals, so im ok with that.

luka is not yet a rock star lol

heh heh. you can change it - "poisonalise" it.

"Je Suis Un Rock Star" - that's like transcendence innit...

luka

That album sounded great once. Me and Gorgeous Jim had gone to visit Craner in Wales. We were all bladdered and happy. Craner was drink driving, blasting this out at top volume and singing along

luka

Every other time I've tried listening to it it's sounded like joke music. Like a school project for the special kids.

luka

He had one hand on the steering wheel, other arm out the window and beating time on the car door. It was bliss.

luka

That album sounded great once. Me and Gorgeous Jim had gone to visit Craner in Wales. We were all bladdered and happy. Craner was drink driving, blasting this out at top volume and singing along

Craner do you remember this? Me and Jim said we needed to go toilet and could we pull up at this pub and we ran in, had a piss and then tried to neck a pint without you noticing

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
These are among my Mum's favourites

ironing with one hand, moving stuff round ovens with the other shuffling & yelling at us to join in & dance