Summer of Illegal Raves Expected

catalog

If you think that's bad, read the extract. But I might still buy it. edit: ive bought it, will let you know how good or bad it is when ive read it.

Last edited:

sufi

lala
Lots of nonsense here: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/bv8jgw/return-illegal-raves-coronavirus-lockdown

and a wee bit over here too https://mixmag.net/feature/production-club-pandemic-proof-raving-suit

Micrashell_DesignFeatures_Compressed-compressed-page-003_200428_180435.jpg

can you imagine, ffs

muser

maybe higher concentrations of people at the few that are actually going on but less then there would be otherwise.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i asked around to find out if anything is happening in berlin and apparently they've been giving parties for the last few weekends in one of berlins cruising grounds. might have a look this weekend.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Just say techno, ffs!
Hahaha...

Like how people who are into hip-hop mainly call it hip-hop. They might sometimes call it rap, but nobody who has a positive opinion of it calls it "rap music". A phrase used by disapproving white suburban moms.

boxedjoy

the cast of hollyoaks and waterloo road have been turning up at these apparently, you have to wonder how underground they really are

catalog

The one in carrington where the bad shit happened was £30 wristbands. The other one, daisy nook, was not a proper thing, just a few lads, got well out of hand. The leeds one sounds the best, the police had to close the motorway at one point to let ravers leave safely. I guess people might have been skinning up in the fast lane.

I went to a good rave on ilkely moor once, nearly 20 years ago. It was a mile walk up the hill and there were two very small soundsystems, one on the first hill, another a little way over. Lots of nice people. There was a girl walking round picking things up off the floor and i assumed dhe was looking for drugs but she was litter picking. Another german guy who was squatting in leeds and asked if he could stay at my house for a bit, had to decline as i lived at home.

On the way down i saw a dead frog and it looked just like a man. Policewoman at the bottom, so we ditched the spliff. She was very nice, no search or stop, just asked us if we were ok, then we got in the car and left.

catalog

Important to note that this April was the hottest on record, and acheived that status four days before the end of the month. And May was also the sunniest ever.

Its been building.

catalog

Been out in the garden a few days at 5am, enjoying early morning mist and birdsong, and the roses have been looking fried

luka

those block parties would make you feel homicidal if you lived in the area though. you'd want to spray the crowd with bullets.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
The police in England and America seem absolutely terrified of the general public.

They are. Remember the Hackney riots and the Student riots when they put up the price of tuition in unis? The Hackney riots the police just kind of stood there and blocked them from moving anywhere near the center. The student riots, they charged them with horses and all kinds of other uncalled for violent shit. When it's a passive or not so threatening mob, they'll come in with the heavy gear to make a statement. When there's an unpredictable threat they aren't as confident.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
those block parties would make you feel homicidal if you lived in the area though. you'd want to spray the crowd with bullets.

This is true of a lot of parties, isn't it - some of the best parties I ever attended were probably absolutely awful nights/days for the neighbours.

The big raves they had in the 90s left a mountain of rubbish and shit in their wake.

luka

I'm 40 my sympathies are entirely with the people trying to sleep. Kill the lot of them. Strafe them with bullets.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah that's what happens as you get older. When you're 20 you think fuck those old miserable cunts.