The City or The Country?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luka

you buy a 1000 piece jigsaw of a steam engine chugging through the countryside thinking it 'might be a laugh' but it never gets touched

catalog

people should actually be forced to leave the city once they have kids, cos they just get in the way otherwise. they can come back once the kids have finished school

catalog

young children in museums and art galleries, where the parents are using the venue as a creche, rather than anything else, really fucks me off. puts you off your carrot cake and flat white

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm envious of kids who are growing up in London. It's a headstart, it seems like.

Interesting to consider though if I actually know many people who were brought up in the city. Half of my friends I went to school with, the other half (by and large) grew up in similarly provincial places outside London.

luka

country lines organisation in from Liverpool forcing all the schoolchildren to smoke spice

luka

before you know it the local teenagers are wearing Nike Airs and talking about Stormzy.

luka

they're not interested in ferret legging and shin kicking any more they just want to smoke spice in a car-park and listen to Stormzy

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
What's music like out there? (Or should I say out here, since I'm currently at home with my parents in a village.)

Probably totally different to when I grew up, when you were at the mercy of what was on the radio/what CDs were stocked in the local record shop (with occasional bus trips to Oxford to visit HMV and Virgin). Probably now kids out here are into exactly the same music as everywhere else.

Aphex is a shining example of a musician that probably couldn't have come from a big city. Mind you, he's from Cornwall, which is reputedly like another country of its own.

catalog

Cornwall is another country, I'm going in 2 weeks for 2 week holiday, if anyone has recommendations

catalog

Everyone now has Bluetooth speakers so even the nice open spaces have been spoiled. The choices of music on said speakers seem to be white man reggae pop or drill. Nothing in between.

luka

Intruding on your own internal citadel of silence and integrity. Jet skis at beaches are a bit like that. Idiocy imposing itself on everyone. Roar of idiot motors shattering the serenity.