The Weather.

william_kent

the BBC forecasts are extremely unreliable since they went cheapskate and ditched the Met Office , even for the current day - and as far the Met Office is concerned I wouldn't trust any forecast for further than than three days in the future... after that point you may as well rely on folk wisdom like:

When March blows its horn,
your barn will be filled with hay and corn

luka

but given that it has rained every day this month so far, and given the met and bbc concur here i dont see much reason to doubt it. in fact its rained fairly consistently since october.

catalog

I have to go into the village in a minute and yes it's raining. And it rained in LA and Houston a lot too.

catalog

Wanted to go for a nice long walk on the moors but not gonna happen today. I got back to the UK yesterday.

luka

what a depressing day. slough of despond. im working 4-12 today. i think i'll go back to bed till then.

shakahislop

spring started a couple of days ago (the way that it works in the US is that i declare it unlaterally). you can already feel the energy getting back up. i biked down to the rockaways on saturday, was planning to do a short ride but the feeling took me and i turned south at the brooklyn bridge rather than north. got to coney island and it felt right to keep going there's something about the first bit of UV on your skin after the long winters in northern latitudes.

incidentally the train back from the rockaways took absolutely forever but also felt like a totally new bit of the city. it was packed with people from far rockaway i think and there was a less frantic vibe about them than you get in the city proper. felt like one of those suburban trains that goes out through surrey. you're far enough away from the city that the city logic and speed doesn't apply. but that train (the A train) gets into manhattan eventually and by that point the whole vibe of the carriage had changed.

shakahislop

the other side of that is that the bagel i got in the rockaways was genuinely and very noticably far worse than anything i've had elsewhere in the city. just like how in england the coffee gets worse the minute you leave the cities.

Benny Bunter

So gorgeous here now. I'm sat outside a little bar under a tree with the orange blossom falling down on my head, smells so nice, birds singing. The barrio where I live is a bit of a shithole, dogshit all over the pavements and the streets choked with parked cars, but thank god for all the orange trees. I'd hate to live somewhere where there's no trees.

luka

youll never be the sort of person that appreciates a nice afternoon. youre english. please dont write a novel tho thatll only make it worse