version

He also popped up as an epigraph to one of Craner's eurocult essays:

All sensation is already memory.
Henri Bergson

constant escape

winter withered, warm
He has quite an all-star team of acolytes, according to Wiki. Plus the book of his I have, Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson, is the thickest book I've seen. And right off the bat there's a note that instructs the reader to read it three times in order to digest it properly.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Yeah I'm tentative, to say the least. That could be multiple years spent on that book.

That said, his program is supposed to be rigorous. Where the fakir is oriented around the body, the yogi around the mind/intellect, the monk around feelings - the shaman is the fourth way, the balance of the three. At least that is the low resolution perspective I have.

version

I've noticed I've the same issue with philosophers I do with footballers. If they have a boring, Anglo sounding name I'm more likely to underrate them.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Plus there's the enneagram which is associated to Gurdjieff Not sure if he was the primary elaborator, or if it was handed down to him, but its very similar to the Yeats wheel @luka just brought up in the Ismopticon thread.

luka

shiels is going to be a shaman too very soon. hes 3 acid trips away. then he will have crossed the line.

luka

I've noticed I've the same issue with philosophers I do with footballers. If they have a boring, Anglo sounding name I'm more likely to underrate them.

remember Sam Alladyce saying everyone would call him a tactical genius if his name was Sam Alladici?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
I know what you mean. For me, Gurdjieff is just such a intriguing name to begin with. So is Deleuze.