entertainment

This is why I like fiction that tussles with philosophy. It makes it that bit easier. Burroughs or Pynchon saying something that overlaps with Deleuze is more likely to give me a handle on the thing being discussed than reading Deleuze himself. DeLillo talking about the media and the image is more likely to get through to me than Baudrillard.

The use of analogies is essential for me when it gets abstract.

luka

they feel the anaalgy is debasing and the abstract language is closer to the truth of it. maybe it is

entertainment

Nietszche has those poetic articulations of his ideas, they bloom naturally in your head. Compared to the austere official precision style, it's much more engaging.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
I think the mistake there is treating dialectics as if it were a metaphysical mechanism animating the cosmos, rather than a sublimely useful way of understanding the cosmos.

linebaugh

@Linebaugh

Notice any particularly pronounced changes Anti Oedipus made on your reading of things?

I'm just beginning to understand schizoanalysis.
I think the the best way to get AO is to just read essays/articles on random shit that take a deluzean approach and then return to the actual book.Not that I get it, I probably dont, but when reading CR, I think if I hadnt read a little AO I would have a less grasp on why networks and logics are so binding.

entertainment

I'm not a fan of those who say that reality is all in your head.

Kant’s transcendental idealism was a modest philosophical doctrine about the difference between appearances and things in themselves, which claimed that the objects of human cognition are appearances and not things in themselves. Fichte, Schelling, and Hegel radicalized this view, transforming Kant’s transcendental idealism into absolute idealism, which holds that things in themselves are a contradiction in terms, because a thing must be an object of our consciousness if it is to be an object at all.

This makes no sense to me. It's so far from how I experience existence. Also seems boring.