Colors and Ideas

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i think it's something you see in fashion too. way more gray and beige and brown, very scandinavian. i think it has always been a natural fashion cycle of colours getting in and out of trend, but this time i feel we've reached the end stage and it's gonna be gray that stays.

woops

is not like other people
FHPMj2RWUAcE0vA.jpg

these are cars in amsterdam, like happy little fruits in a dead tree.
obvious fake b+w image colorised

Leo

New sleek tech seems to be silver, black. wonder if red sports cars get pulled over for speeding more often, can imagine them catching the eye of cops.

Leo

color palate of cars aligns with design, they mostly all look the same nowadays with that rounded, aerodynamic design.

mixed_biscuits

Brits may appear behaviourally more demonstrative than they used to be but I wonder whether they behave like this only in a small set of permissible contexts (pub, football match, TV game show) and are otherwise, in the day to day, subject to more normative pressure, hence the staid colour schemes.

One wouldn't want to get cancelled just because one has done up one's Mondeo in pink artificial turf.

Last edited:

Leo

My brother used to work in an auto body shop that did custom paint jobs, doesn’t seem like people do that as much now.

wild greens

Part of it might have to do with increased inner city & motorway air pollution too. When i first started working in London i used to drive around in a blue focus and the particulate would make it look filthy within a day or two

Silver & black far less

woops

is not like other people
Part of it might have to do with increased inner city & motorway air pollution too. When i first started working in London i used to drive around in a blue focus and the particulate would make it look filthy within a day or two

Silver & black far less
does that suggest in a few years we will see more neon teslas maybe

craner

Beast of Burden
There is a general, deadening orthodoxy in car design anyway. Almost every single car is shaped like a ball.

catalog

My brother used to work in an auto body shop that did custom paint jobs, doesn’t seem like people do that as much now.
I think this imhas definitely happened a bit, cars were like boys toys, extension of personality, like a woman or a pet but now no one wants to fuck about making them look personalised. There's a great one near my mums house which is entirely done out like a monster energy can except its called something like minster.

catalog

It's like with the big white suvs that everyone drives. Drug dealer cars but now it's white.

Drug dealers, that aesthetic, its a big thing.