craner

Beast of Burden
Sky Ferreria.

Everything everybody sees in Lana Del Ray I don't, but do see in this. Dead-eyed LA romance, emotion flattened out, crushed, but living like a crushed thing, filtered through artificial drama. It's Less Than Zero in a song, the entrails of Hollywood Babylon.

version

Did you see The Green Inferno, Craner? Sky Ferreira was in it. It looked like Eli Roth doing his best to butcher Cannibal Holocaust.

craner

Beast of Burden
Did you see The Green Inferno, Craner? Sky Ferreira was in it. It looked like Eli Roth doing his best to butcher Cannibal Holocaust.

Nah, not into that, original is best. If we are all still awake the Cannibal Ferox soundtrack is coming on.

craner

Beast of Burden
Actually, this is a heart-stopping piece of music. I pulled the daughter of a Faber & Faber owner back in 1998 by playing this album. In the morning she told me all about her lesbian trysts in boarding school, before going off to interview William Hague for the university paper. It was a magical 48 hours.

woops

is not like other people
this is another one i reckon luke would, unexpectedly, love, i don't feel strongly about it, too slick and shiny, not focussed

woops

is not like other people
Actually, this is a heart-stopping piece of music. I pulled the daughter of a Faber & Faber owner back in 1998 by playing this album. In the morning she told me all about her lesbian trysts in boarding school, before going off to interview William Hague for the university paper. It was a magical 48 hours.
see? loosening up now aren't ya

craner

Beast of Burden
Right, this Ricki Lee Jones album is a lost classic, and it's not just me, Tim Finney agrees. This is one of the most beautiful and deep and wide songs ever constructed.