version

The soundtrack to buying skunk off a bunch of guys that looked like they spent all the time they weren't selling weed in the gym. I got bollocked by one of them for slamming his car door last time I saw him, was like "shit, sorry" then jumped out, slammed the door again, realised what I'd just done and didn't dare look back.

😂

version

68. Robert Hood, Stark Reality

Unbelievable. The pad alone... Strangely otherworldly for a tune called Stark Reality... I dunno whether he sampled it or what, but it instantly makes me think of hardcore; sounds like something you'd hear in an SS tune from '92 or something.

version

69. Lab Rat XL, Lab Rat 3

The late, great James Stinson. I've played this over and over. The rest of the album's good, particularly the first track, but this is the one that really grabbed me; hard to believe it's seventeen years old, hasn't aged a day. Wonder what else he would have come up with had he lived...

luka

corpsey wrote to me saying he doesn't like your list at all. i like it though, don't worry. what's the next song?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Btw don't listen to Luka he's lying for a laugh

I love your top 100 so far

It couldn't be anyone else's

linebaugh

69. Lab Rat XL, Lab Rat 3

The late, great James Stinson. I've played this over and over. The rest of the album's good, particularly the first track, but this is the one that really grabbed me; hard to believe it's seventeen years old, hasn't aged a day. Wonder what else he would have come up with had he lived...

sheesh every sound in this is immaculate

version

70. John Abercrombie, Timeless

Gorgeous, particularly from 4:09. Perfect cover for it too. Definitely a track which goes through shades of blue.

version

71. Chuck Jackson, Any Day Now

Closes PTA's Inherent Vice adaptation. Still haven't fully processed that ending. It's different to the book's, a little more ambiguous. Doc's with Shasta, but something's off whereas the book ends with him alone, stuck in fog and hoping for something to be there when it lifts.

Some gut wrenching comments under uploads of this one,

jimgag2 3 years ago
27 years ago,my wife was dying from cancer. One evening I was pulling into my garage when this song came on the radio. I sat in my car for a good ten minutes and cried.