GATE

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If you'd have said, for example, this is a symptom of the crisis of Aryan man, Blue eyed first born and disenfranchised in a multicultural and more meritocratic world, It would have been great.
On the other hand - PUNS!

luka

It's certainly related to paste and the reality of paste which is to say that regardless of any talents you might have and they may be remarkable (and anyone can see 4chan is teeming with genuinely remarkable minds) you are bred to be paste. There is no special role for you. You won't be recognised as anything other than paste, and this can feel, rightly or wrongly, realistic or delusional, as gaslighting on a society wide scale.

luka

So obviously this can be read as a compensatory fantasy. But I tend to want to avoid deflating or popping balloons. I don't accept the reality principle. I think the thing to do is turn this into myth or accept its status as myth. As something with the power to explain and couch our lived experience in a narrative.

• Love
Reactions: sus

luka

Getting out of the habit of deflation is one of the most useful things you can do for yourself. The tendency to dismiss and diminish will leave you in a far more boring world than the one you deserve to live in.

Anyway, by calling this myth I'm in no way suggesting it's not also literally true.

luka

what is paste? it's dissensus' new buzzword i have the feeling.

Just that you're bred to be completely replaceable and expendable. You're surplus to requirements. You've been sold a dream that you can be rich and famous but you're too far down the hierarchy to get rich off this pyramid scheme. Paste. Millions of others just like you dreaming the same dreams, performing the same actions, biting into the same Universal Sandwich at the same time.

version

I mean this is most likely just a bunch of underachieving nerds scrabbling around for a reason they're underachievers. I've no doubt the thing about having an "Israeli art student girlfriend" will be spun into some antisemitic theory about Mossad handlers or something too.

luka

I mean this is most likely just a bunch of underachieving nerds scrabbling around for a reason they're underachievers. I've no doubt the thing about having an "Israeli art student girlfriend" will be spun into some antisemitic theory about Mossad handlers or something too.

Five seconds ago you were airily explaining to Corpsey why he shouldn't settle on a definitive interpretation of any text.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I was put in the "gifted and talented" program. They did the whole "You could go to Oxford" thing. A couple of my mates were in it too, one of them now works for Google/DeepMind.
Sounds like you made a lucky escape.

version

Five seconds ago you were airily explaining to Corpsey why he shouldn't settle on a definitive interpretation of any text.
I said most likely. I didn't say definitely. You can think some things are more likely than others without deciding they're the case.

version

I thought it was going to be about portals. Also immediately thought of this,

"If you can put your five fingers through it, it is a gate, if not a door. Shut your eyes and see."

luka

There's no difference between a film, a book, the news, an individual's dreams and fantasies, a conspiracy theory, a cosmic event and so on

version

Another thought is this is bollocks and the actualy conspiracy is it's 4chan once again being used as a petri dish. Someone's releasing these ideas into the wild and observing how they interact with the community.

luka

Well I would say that we know for a fact 4chan is used as a Petri dish by any number of actors and interests. But if it is an experiment we can also observe the results and learn something from them. This is an idea and a story which resonates with people and it's one you can interpret in any number of ways. And saying, it's bollocks, is not one of the more interesting ways.

luka

Plenty of people have said the Shining is bollocks, but I'm much more interested in hearing how it's Kubricks confession and apology for faking the moon landing footage.

luka

it might be more 'true' to say it's just a bad film, but it takes an act of genius to read it as being about the Apollo mission.

version

It's possible GATE's ongoing and the people who appear to have failed it are the ones who've actually moved to the next stage. The program being revealed to them being part of the process.