favourite carnival sound

luka

once they introduced kettling and made it much harder to drift around you were sort of forced to pick one weren't you. made it all stressful.

yeah I guess so but if you go anywhere north of the westway its been fine for years. can move around easy. also think weight of numbers of more of issue than kettling, but never stressed me out that much.

luka

but I think for me it's just been little moments of hype and excitement as you drift. you catch a little explosion of intensity.

luka

is that your era? i would have been there then. aged 15. love that era of dancehall.

Simon silverdollarcircle

I just used to spend all day at aba Shanti, swaying side to side slightly. It was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Sancho panza was brilliant and utterly horrible at the same time

martin

----
Can't remember the name, but there was a ragga one on St Luke's Road in '95 which was incredible - bass speakers so loud it was like standing in front of a fan. It's where I heard that "666, the number (?) of the beast / Turn it around and you get the police" tune that nobody's able to identify.

Entering Gaz's section is the bit where you curse and realise you've spent the last half-hour slow-walking in the wrong direction.