It has some really good stabbings and throat slits. Some that I laughed out loud at when nobody else did in a sold out cinema - because they were so predictable and also satisfying

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I have watched the first four or five episodes of House of the Dragon and that show is ten times as entertaining and gripping as Dune

The effects are better too

Anyway maybe dune two is where it gets more interesting

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Maybe dune would work better as a TV show, you'd have time to get to know the boring characters more

Yeah that’s the biggest flaw, I needed more relief from the solemnity and vastness of it. Something like GOT did that well, the plain dialogue and relationships interspersed with fantasy

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
They should let the guy who directed MANDY direct dune 3, Timothee can stick his head in a bucket of spice at the beginning and then let the psychedelic nightmare visuals rip

That’s the thing, there is a strange and psychedelic magical thing happening yhat you only ever see the surface of because we never quite grasp the psychological depths of the characters. Almost like the lore and plot gets In the way, the dialogue in service of moving all that along. I don’t care about what happens or who wins or dies ffs