There are beautiful moments. The harkonnen returning to ship at the start is proper gorgeous. The grandfather worm ride is a buzz, the climax fight scene is great too … but you almost feel like these bits would work better if they punctuated some downtime. Like corpsey says it’s all epic the whole time and almost exhausting

As impressive as the nazi harkonnen thing was I do think it was a bit OTT and would have benifited from being paired back a wee bit. 60% of the saluting goblins would have done the trick, and seeing them as individuals not just ten million of the same blandly evil ghostly freak

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Maybe dune would work better as a TV show, you'd have time to get to know the boring characters more
There was a miniseries of it made ca. 2000, which I think is meant to be quite good, although I haven't seen it. It doesn't have a cult following like the Lynch film though, as far as I know.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Ec-YiGeU8AUGNI8.jpg:large

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I'm gonna see it later today too.
Absolutely amazing production. Nothing special in terms of performances, Chalamet was was a bit vanilla. Walken (whom I love) simply felt out of place - I couldn't help but laugh within seconds of him appearing on screen.

Bardem I think was maybe the best performance, and he has a few scenes where his acting actually contributed to the film, whereas everyone else seemed like a portentous or stoic agent to drive the story forward.

luka

yeah, luckily it's not a film where the acting is all that important, although for a time i did think the teenie bopper romance might derail it. luckily it was just a kiss on some dunes and some soppy talk then back to the action. they are very disney club those two. when it zoomed in on her upper lip she had thick, coarse stubble. that was interesting.