version

At least one highly dedicated Wikipedia user has been scrubbing controversial aspects of Harris’s “tough-on-crime” record from her Wikipedia page, her decision not to prosecute Steve Mnuchin for mortgage fraud-related crimes, her strong support of prosecutors in Orange County who engaged in rampant misconduct, and other tidbits — such as her previous assertion that “it is not progressive to be soft on crime” — that could prove unflattering to Harris as the public gets to know her on the national stage. The edits, according to the page history, have elicited strong pushback from Wikipedia’s volunteer editor brigade, and have drawn the page into controversy, though it’s a fight the pro-Harris editor is currently winning.

Reactions: sus

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
He is a pedo its 100% certain. Total pedo from the hairs on his head to his yellow toenails. Everyone knows it.its tolerated in Washington.
you can see how frightened these girls are in their eyes. frozen by fear. he's a total creep.

Leo

I think people can change, but you go into some of the jobs he's done knowing you're going to be forced to make "tough decisions" which will cost people dearly and it takes a certain kind of person to accept that. Also, he was still VP five years ago when Obama was drone striking the shit out of people in the Middle-East, so we're not necessarily talking ancient history re: shady stuff he's been involved in.

The clips yyaldrin posted are really creepy too.

good points. not sure any president or top government official has ever been exemplary in all their positions and decisions, as you say there are often tough choices with few/no good options.

just in general, though (forget Biden), are there examples of government leaders who have changed for the better and enjoyed a swing in public opinion and support?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
just in general, though (forget Biden), are there examples of government leaders who have changed for the better and enjoyed a swing in public opinion and support?
Good question. I can't think of any - although examples of those who arrive on a surge of hope and end up being a bit disappointing aren't hard to find. Blair and Obama being two pretty obvious ones.

Last edited:

Leo

yeah, a lot easier to find the downward trajectory.

It's funny with Obama: people who pay close attention to politics or have a wary/cynical outlook are generally disappointed -- some greatly -- by his presidency, but he's liked by a broad section of the population. maybe has to do with him being the first black president and all the hate he received just because of his race, lots of people feel bad about that. also maybe a generational thing, young people might think he screwed up and wasn't progressive enough but lots of people maybe age 40+ who are medium/low information voters seem to have fond memories. my sister and brother and their spouses, for example, have positive opinions of him and Biden.

version

yeah, a lot easier to find the downward trajectory.

It's funny with Obama: people who pay close attention to politics or have a wary/cynical outlook are generally disappointed -- some greatly -- by his presidency, but he's liked by a broad section of the population. maybe has to do with him being the first black president and all the hate he received just because of his race, lots of people feel bad about that. also maybe a generational thing, young people might think he screwed up and wasn't progressive enough but lots of people maybe age 40+ who are medium/low information voters seem to have fond memories. my sister and brother and their spouses, for example, have positive opinions of him and Biden.
I think it's also because he's a charismatic and likeable presence. He comes across well in interviews, meeting members of the public etc. He has an aura that draws people in.

The fond memories thing's interesting because lots of people hated Bush and now he's seen as this funny, cuddly grandpa who paints and hangs out with Michelle. They've forgotten or simply let go of their grievances re: Iraq, the economy and whatever else.

catalog

arthur jafa talks about obama a bit... cos he used a little segment of him singing 'amazing grace' in 'love is the message...' but what he says is that (black) people need to be disavowed of the idea that just cos someone's black, it means they'll be progressive for black people. which is obviously a total truism, but worth saying.

but he does say he likes how obama threw little code switches of blackness in, like his famous pimp strut when he entered the white house

catalog

wow that looks decent tea - i'm gonna use baking paper for mine next time, cos there's too much leakage from my tomato sauce and mozzarella