Q Magazine Presents: The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones

The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

craner

Beast of Burden
Cream! Often forget about them but they were huge. Were the Kinks too peculiar to make it into the top 3? I'd have thought they had more hits.

There is a radio station that broadcasts across Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana that fetishises British rock and American garage, and these were by far the most played British groups.

luka

i cant stand the who. never heard cream outside of sunshine which is a very good riff even i enjoy that song. i always used to associate
it with the a-team theme music.

Benny Bunter

Cream - 1 good song

The Who - amazing for first few singles then awful

You can say that about a lot of bands though.

craner

Beast of Burden
Can I just point out for the benefit of anybody who is getting confused by my posts, I wasn't saying these are my favourite bands!

Leo

There is a radio station that broadcasts across Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana that fetishises British rock and American garage, and these were by far the most played British groups.

there are still plenty of classic rock stations that still play that stuff every day. not a day goes by when they haven't played "Baba O'Reilly" or some shit.

craner

Beast of Burden
he was actually saying that everyone. he announced it formaly. my top 3 bands are, in the following order
1.cream
2.the who
3.the rolling stones
and furthermore i beleive townsend when he said he was just conducting research for a book

This is not a funny post, stop laughing at it.

luka

some of the top laughers laughed at that one, the cream of the crop

Members who reacted to message #47

All (4) Haha Haha (4)​

• Haha Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Leo

• Messages 10,712
    • Reaction score 3,115

Leo

hNSSlyai-wtt6IhKiAwJvkjH-5FBJE_lnL5Wfg-Stj59_V-5zMiZ3Ek8sUZJ6COleT8c1jWalMYxBqXjUUlA2_OJoDrnhTzBoV4e1Q-bHMwbfnf8jeyCgKsjRiRBfdHoXkfAFqGF72PVmRBikmHdXJnjWoNyGg=s0-d-e1-ft

Ronnie Wood, age 75 ... Mick Jagger, age 78 ... and Keith Richards, age 78, perform yesterday in Liverpool, England, during the Rolling Stones' Sixty Tour ('62-'22).

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Reading about Tom Verlaine, apparently this song inspired him to write rock music

I have heard this before but not in ages

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's quite hard to see why you'd fancy the Beatles over the stones back then

Maybe if you were some bloody swot suck up prepubescent goddamn etc