Can you change your mind? (the Musical)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
And in any case I really love old grime, probably more than anyone on here, if you could only step inside my body and feel the love i feel you'd be ashamed of your so-called love, which is nothing more than a desperation for street cred, whereas my love burns against my better instincts, which are deeply conservative and racist

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I started going into a fugue state there as i was typing - do i finally understand the hypnotic psychedelic power of language that luka has been preaching about all these years while i sit there nodding politely like a vicar listening to his parishioners talking about their azaelias?

luka

I started going into a fugue state there as i was typing - do i finally understand the hypnotic psychedelic power of language that luka has been preaching about all these years while i sit there nodding politely like a vicar listening to his parishioners talking about their azaelias?

You do! You've got it! You've broken through into the incandescent realms of genius!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Nothing could dull your sense of the poeticism of language more than bring a professional copywriter.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That's inadvertently reminded me of something I used to do before I took drugs which was (I'd be drink most times) close my eyes and roll my eyeballs counterclockwise with an inner sense that I was getting higher and higher each time I reached 12 o clock. This would create a euphoric buzz throughout my body and a sense of transcendence.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It is isn't it?

It was sort of the eyeball equivalent of stretching your toes to supercharge an orgasm.

craner

Beast of Burden
Imagine if I had the rhetorical skills and messianic self-belief to convince you that grime was actually a load of absolute shit.

In some branch of the multiverse that's how this relationship works, and Luka curses my name everytime he has to eject an old nasty crew tape cos "it's just schoolboys shouting over casio keyboards".

I tried that back in 2004, when we were first hanging out.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Until the age of 20, 21, I thought all dance music was shit and for cunts. That was about when I started getting into proper clubbing with proper DJs and proper music, as opposed to 2-for-1 "cocktails" and a couple of Ministry Of Sound CDs on random, which had been the extent of my exposure to club culture beforehand, if you don't count student-y indie/rock/metal clubs and the like.

I wouldn't say discovering ecstasy triggered all this, exactly - I remember having some good fun club nights while still a drug virgin, bar weed/hash - but it certainly accelerated it. Then a few years later I joined this place and discovered a load more cool stuff I never knew existed, although I've never had the concentration and memory needed to amass an encylopaedic knowledge of jungle or techno or whatever like a lot of you guys have.