Do you want Trump dead from the Virus?

Yes or No?

• I want that man dead

• I hope he pulls through

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leo

just going to be "working out of the presidential office at Walter Reed for a few days".

also received an infusion of an experimental antibody cocktail.

version

Screenshot-from-2020-10-02-22-37-06.png

version

“It was shocking,” said Maranda Joseph, 43, of Warren, Ohio, who has 12 Trump flags in her front yard festooned with skeletons and other Halloween decorations. “To see he has it wakes you up a bit. Anyone can get it, even the president.”

Leo

watching 200k+ people die over the course of seven months just isn't enough for some people. especially if Dear Leader says otherwise.

beiser

I think he'll get better. But I think he'll be incommunicado for a week or two, and I'm pretty sure he'll never invoke the 25th to make Pence acting president, therefore causing a massive secondary crisis and sowing general chaos.

borzoi

he's not gonna die bc we live in the comedy universe but not the comeuppance universe. basically anything that happens is objectively hilarious though. if he easily beats covid as a 72 year old obese man, that's extremely funny. if he barely clings to life only to lose, also funny. if he barely lives and rides a wave of sympathy to victory, that's not ideal but you gotta admit it's funny.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think he'll get better. But I think he'll be incommunicado for a week or two, and I'm pretty sure he'll never invoke the 25th to make Pence acting president, therefore causing a massive secondary crisis and sowing general chaos.
Yeah... hard to argue.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Twitter suspending some users for writing ‘I hope Donald Trump dies’
As Donald Trump made his way to Walter Reed medical center for treatment on Friday, many people on Twitter, including his opponent Joe Biden, wished him a speedy recovery. Others did the opposite, saying they hope he dies from the virus, which has killed more than 200,000 people in the United States under his leadership.
Doing this violates Twitter policies, the social media platform confirmed to tech website Motherboard on Friday, and could result in suspension. Twitter’s “Abusive Behavior policy” prohibits tweets “wishing or hoping serious harm on a person or group of people.” A spokesperson from the company told Motherboard it is suspending some users but will not act on every tweet.
“We’re prioritizing the removal of content when it has a clear call to action that could potentially cause real-world harm,” the spokesperson told the publication. In light of the rule refresher, some people are finding creative ways around it.
You can't say anything.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Jim Acosta(@Acosta)
Trump adviser said there is reason for concern about Trump's health tonight. "This is serious," the source said. The source went on to describe Trump as very tired, very fatigued, and having some trouble breathing. WH officials continue to say Trump will be fine.

IdleRich

IdleRich
What I don't get is that the Biden campaign has said that they will stop running any negative ads about Trump while he is ill - and of course the Trump campaign has sportingly responded with a big Fuck You you prick, we're gonna take advantage of that to be as negative as possible.

IdleRich

IdleRich
And the senators who have tested positive for Covid are gonna quarantine for 10 days instead of 14 so they can vote on appointing a new justice. That's double-cuntishness isn't it?

IdleRich

IdleRich
In that they are gonna declare themselves clear and unable to infect others earlier than medics advise purely so they can vote on an appointment that - four years ago - their party swore blind should never happen.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
I won’t be sad if he dies but the political ramifications will be bad. Heroic legacy which must be continued, Qanon out of control etc.
what John said. the reality of Trump has been bad enough, the last thing we need is an enduring legacy of martyred hero Trump

not that he would be a martyr in any sense, of course, but the more delusional part of his base would make one of him

plus the short-term increased potential for violence i.e. "Trump was murdered by BLM special ops, it's electric boogaloo time"

if this had happened 6 months ago, different calculation

at this point there's just not much to be gained by his death compared to the costs it would likely incur

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
the best outcome would probably be for it to debilitate him severely enough that he can no longer serve as a public figurehead, followed by a quiet death (or at least quiet as can be) from long-term complications at some later point, by which time the country has hopefully settled down to some degree