Music Blogs

IdleRich

IdleRich
Could try Julian copes Head Heritage website which has a big review section? Sounds like something he'd be into?
Also may be that Freq website?
I've now messaged both of those. Freq was particularly good in that it has a form wherein you can submit albums for review... so they may or may not but I think it's good so there is always a chance. Thanks for the tips, anything else like that greatly appreciated.

IdleRich

IdleRich
In fact hit up everyone mentioned above; also NME, PItchfork, 20JazzFunkGreats.... but there must be loads more surely? I'm hoping the phrase "former Fat White Family" will catch a few eyes.

Reactions: sus

craner

Beast of Burden
I read an article today about how Mr Bean is one of the most famous people on the internet. He has 99 million Facebook friends and he's massive on TikTok

catalog

Rich have you heard of this thing called the social? I dunno what it is exactly, but they did a sort of online broadsheet thing over lockdown and lias from fwf was doing these sort of diary dispatches in it. So they might be interested? Also rough Trade books might be a good shout, as they put out a zine with interviews with Saul and lias. Written by adelle stripe who you probably know? These people are all fairly easy to find on twitter so you could just @ them maybe with some details I dunno

IdleRich

IdleRich
Dunno Adelle Stripe.... I know Lias and Saul fairly well though, Lias has already done a shout out for the record but hopefully there will be more when it actually comes out. Nathan and Alex from the band are gonna dj at a gig he's doing for the launch.

catalog

Lias is really good at drawing, I was also quite impressed that he did a shit on stage and rubbed it all over his face. Sound like a good band to catch live. I think they played a free gig here but i never got into em enough. The other thing you could try, if you are putting gigs on, is getting a listing in the wire. Probs a long shot cos of the music styles not really fitting, but you never know. I got them to do a listing for thd proc fiskal gig I put on in Manchester. Other online mags that are sort of like blogs eg the quietus or crack might also be interested, if yoh could give em an interview with artist?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm not putting the gig on, Taishi is dealing with that. Originally we planned to do launch parties in Lisbon, London etc but Covid killed that.
I've actually just messaged John Doran at the Quietus.