The Teaching Machine.

luka

Learn the secrets of power and manipulation how can you be the master of this space set the tone change direction force them to mimic you. Be the Dominant Power Attractor.

luka

Imagine directly observe remember two timid would be lovers establishing a bubble of enclosing shared space within which we tentatively establish the shared language and the boundaries of the permissible. Reach out an arm, too fast? Retract, get reassurance, no, that was ok, return it, now lean in, now kiss. Imagine the voices, volume of them, rhythms of them, establish a mood, a shared diction. The tact and insight demanded
Imagine a group of adolescent boys, how again volume is established, this vociferous, this callous feeling-tone, this ostentatious disregard for delicate sensibilities, your own and others, this body language, this violation of personal space, this deliberate volatility
As an exercise study behaviour within these enclosed though porous social bubbles

@craner speak about this at length with depth and complexity

luka

One of the things Eliot does in an elegant way is to create disjunctions in these established feeling bubbles, subvert expectations, commit something like a knowing faux pas
Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table;

in the same way Corpsey makes necrophilia jokes in polite company.

luka

If you read David Toops book about free improv this stuff comes up all the time. It's full of people deciding to make a horrible noise to disrupt a conspiracy of pleasantness that has been established, or to make a fart noise to undermine an air of piety.

luka

If you imagine an arbitrary blob drawn over a space of potential affects incorporating and some and falling short of others
In a sense this shape, this blob, has no real existence and its outline is merely the outline of the affects themselves, the lines in the sand the waves make, here at the furthest extent, here at their habitual margins

luka

As an exercise study behaviour within these enclosed though porous social bubbles

Telephone rings anxiety vindictive intrusion onto
forced back into face hello yes it's me.
Juddering before establish sync lock sympathy remember the place we go to
together now this lake with the pines walking right up to the lapping edge of it
together is this not peaceful and familiar even beautiful.
Symbolically we join hands walk through grove and courtyard measured step
this place exists only when we are together.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Could be that the kind of project I'm always talking about is particularly suited for a much more informationally dense reality than experienced by those who didn't grow up with the internet. I'm in that liminal margin, myself, so those born only a few years after be will be past that threshold almost entirely.

It lends itself to globalism, actually, which is part of the reason I think it could be conducive to the (neo)liberal orthodoxy. A psychic framework for navigating vastly more informationally dense landscapes.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Has to do with ones detection range, seemingly, which is expanded by our techne.

We start in a more parochial state, only having access to the information that is within our sensory detection range, and as this range expands, we need to process information in increasingly economic ways, increasingly efficient ways. Extensive being inversely correlated to intensive, in a way.

Having more to process means you have less time/energy to process each thing.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
In terms of globalism, the globalist/cosmopolitan subject is obligated to have some minimally sufficient awareness of happenings across the world, rather than just the local happenings. But because we have certain constraints, in terms of the mental energy it takes to process and organize information into our understanding of the world, we need to settle for increasingly compressed, bite-sized deliveries of information, hence something like tiktok, which is just a glimpse into the cosmopolitan schoolyard.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Yeah I think the exponential increase in the information throughput is intimately linked with the kind of schizo psychosis I'm trying to implement. Plus, the attempts to robustly understand every topic: instead of relying on brute force, which is virtually impossible, the task consists of finding intuitive pathways that each underpin a plurality of topics, such that a familiarity with such a pathway system allows one to decompress outward into the plurality of topics.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
As it is now, the choice (although most people hardly sense it clearly enough to afford them a choice) is between a low resolution understanding of a wide expanse, or a high resolution of a narrow expanse. The task is to wire them together into a higher synthesis, which, from my current perspective, would entail a metastable psychosis.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Which, paradoxically, could involve a greater psychic health than the kind of non-psychotic stability we are conditioned/coerced to orient ourselves around.

Just as the metastability enabled by a vaccine amounts to a greater health than merely the stability enabled by avoiding the threat at all costs.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
You either voluntarily and strategically integrate some of the threat while you are stable, or you wait for the threat to swell and destabilize you completely.

luka

As it is now, the choice (although most people hardly sense it clearly enough to afford them a choice) is between a low resolution understanding of a wide expanse, or a high resolution of a narrow expanse. The task is to wire them together into a higher synthesis, which, from my current perspective, would entail a metastable psychosis.

Charles Olson said something similar with his notion of the saturation job

luka

You learn all there is to know about a single subject (in his case Gloucester, the New England town) it might take 15 years, but then you're in for life. You can learn anything.