william_kent

could mr tead be rhe personification of stupidity

that's a bit harsh... i'm sure his physics skills outclass those of you and me and he could plunge us into a hell scape of nuclear radiation with a few keystrokes... but he did ask a valid question albeit without understanding the distinction between LLMs ( large language models, what we may colloquially call "chat gpt" ) and AI Art generation... so..from the house style and actually paying attention to @Clinamenic's posts, he generated that image using Midjourney, which , and i'm drunk so this is going to be a bit "hand wavey", is trained on IMAGES and so it will try and approximate an image of text, but it has no understanding of grammar and language.... which is a bit non intuitive because you tell it what to do via language ( "prompts" ) but chat is a one way street with the image generators ( VQ-GAN, Stable Diffusion, Dalle-2, Midjourney ) - they output on a pixel level, not a text level...

i'm a bit drunk, in so far as 35 cl of rum will induce, but still i hope that makes sense

luka

hes certinaly the stupidest person ive ever met and ive met many intellectualy handciapy and illierate

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Any idea why the language is gibberish? You'd have thought that would be the easiest part to do, for a name or very short phrase, especially something as formulaic as advertising slogans.
I couldn’t really add anything to Williams post, but yeah the gibberish text has been an issue. One could include a quoted bit of text in the prompt, and while the image output will still be gibberish, it will at least visually approximate the quoted text.

luka

proud to say me and woopsie just racked up a Β£180 bar bill in about 45 mintues. Β£27 for a glass of 'orange wine' what tasted like cider vinegar.

luka

lot of albarino about at the moment. ive been drinking loads of it becasue im so impressionable.

Leo

I just passed this store today on the Lower East Side, definitely a thing.

luka

they vary a lot ive never come across the ones that taste like cider vinegar before today. the other ones ive drank previously have been, nicer, and cheaper

Reactions: Leo

Leo

not sure I've even paid the equivalent of Β£27 for a glass here for anything, though.