sus

Mat Gasda the playwright his ex just got lucky rich from crypto shitposting and now he's pissed. Hilarious

version

@sus

pls decode this for me / us:

First thing that happens when I get to Meg Spectre’s neo-vaudeville variety show at KGB is Gasda asking if I saw the latest news, that his ex Cassidy and her gang of idiots are all rich now that their Solana memecoin $EGIRL is blowing up after the announcement that Elon Musk is backing their fellow $EGIRL dev/promoter Bronze Age Shawty in a wrongful termination lawsuit against her former employer, the fintech conglomerate Block, which had fired her for problematic tweets she had posted on pseudonymous accounts.

I admit I'm confused by the attraction of church pants and the in and out of fintech gossip

Did you prompt this out of an AI?

version

I’m pretty sure I watched a chunk of it somewhere online last summer but can’t find it now

Followed a link from this to a Substack featuring an ex-Dissensian:

sus

I've never read BCH but he seems awful. I don't trust his persona and his work seems too geisty too be serious. Maybe he's amazing and has been done dirty by public framing I haven't investigated

sus

speak English man!
There's an account called Bronze Age Pervert. One of the leading and most interesting Twitter accounts of late 2010s altlite/altright nuum. Wrote a book called Bronze Age Mindset that had an aggressive Nietzschean vigour over rigour worldview, and took this so far as eschewing a proofreader, playing loose w spelling and grammar.

He's been popular with the downtown set for at least three years now, they recognize his textual charisma and hope to be imbued with the advertised animal energies of his Mediterranean and lindy lifestyle.

version

I've never read BCH but he seems awful. I don't trust his persona and his work seems too geisty too be serious. Maybe he's amazing and has been done dirty by public framing I haven't investigated

I've read a couple of his books and a few things popped out, but it's nothing you haven't heard or thought of before. If you're familiar with Foucault, Baudrillard, D&G, and that sort of thing then you've already heard much of what he has to say in stronger configurations.

I'm not gonna co-sign Miller's focus on immigration and national sovereignty, but he does nail Han:

" ... a therapeutically inflected phenomenology of contemporary malaise, wrapped around updates of Heidegger, Foucault, and Freud. Han’s books are not really books but hybrid objects, located midway between books and screens, almost the analogues of expansion packs, which recycle a small cluster of themes with tonal variation instead of critical development... Ultimately, he turns away from addressing politically critical issues in favor of neologistic cartographies characterized by a lacuna of detail. Engaged intellectuals once searched for new weapons. Han, the detached intellectual, prefers vague reifications which implicate nobody and nothing. Intent on remaining above it all, he restricts his concern to the lukewarm, and avoids more extreme manifestations intensifying across contemporary society. His books are an oasis of boredom in a desert of horror."

sus

To call yourself Bronze Age Shawty is IMO tepid shit, it follows a (now common enough to be type-of-guy teased) Twitter handle pattern of <Intellectual><Party/sex term>. A low/high metaphorical mullet—theory in the front, party in the back.

william_kent

There's an account called Bronze Age Pervert. One of the leading and most interesting Twitter accounts of late 2010s altlite/altright nuum. Wrote a book called Bronze Age Mindset that had an aggressive Nietzschean vigour over rigour worldview, and took this so far as eschewing a proofreader, playing loose w spelling and grammar.

He's been popular with the downtown set for at least three years now, they recognize his textual charisma and hope to be imbued with the advertised animal energies of his Mediterranean and lindy lifestyle.

wow, it's like I've lifted a corner of my carpet and there are all sorts of wee, sleekit, cowrin, tim'rous beasties to spray with highly toxic gas