luka

Why I brought up silver dollars is that most people realise you can turn your attention away and do your own thing. You don't have to pay the tithe.

luka

It's this sense of submitting to the "overwhelmingly authoritative order of things" which is sinister. It's absolutely central to being an incel for instance.

Last edited:

luka

It's Peterson with lobsters. It's the taxonomy of alpha and beta males. It's master races. Its winners and losers.

luka

What gives this thread it's comedy aspect is that these people are minnows, making their own content for small audiences. Very local. Bush league. Not good looking. Not rich. Not charismatic. Not talented. Weird gawky looking freaks with bad clothes.

luka

Which I suppose could, if you were also living in Brooklyn, make it seem like you could join their friendship group, another gawky try hard at the fag end of youth.

yeah that's what beiser said. Besier and gus are just on the periphery of being semi-attractive content creators on the podcast circuit, tantalisingly close. I think we can and should help them, give them a leg up. that's the real point of the thread

entertainment

What gives this thread it's comedy aspect is that these people are minnows, making their own content for small audiences. Very local. Bush league. Not good looking. Not rich. Not charismatic. Not talented. Weird gawky looking freaks with bad clothes.

i'm not sure who we're talking about. that women playwright? the girl in the faux naive youtube interview? eli keszler?

luka

yeah that's what beiser said. Besier and gus are just on the periphery of being semi-attractive content creators on the podcast circuit, tantalisingly close. I think we can and should help them, give them a leg up. that's the real point of the thread
Now that's a project I can truly get behind. But they will have to commit not using the word 'based' unironically. We need some editorial control in exchange

they're all but begging for our instruction. i think its our inroad to the 'dirtbag left' at a crucial time. we want influence without having to deal with these people directly

luka

Stan will be wheeled onto the podcast to play the 'Statto off of Fantasy Football' role to Gus and Beezer's David Baddiel and Frank Skinner.

luka

Ive never watched this programme before. The men are infinitely better looking than the women who all remind me of Ellie Goulding. @craner comments?

craner

Beast of Burden
Ive never watched this programme before. The men are infinitely better looking than the women who all remind me of Ellie Goulding. @craner comments?

It's always surprising how mediocre the girls from MiC are.

In last night's episode Ollie Locke and his fiance Gareth got married in the Natural History Museum, entering to a version of Ennio Morricone's 'Jill's Theme' from Once Upon a Time in the West. Binky Felstead made a beautiful speech, talking about how they were standing on the shoulders of all the gay couples who had fought for this moment to exist. Sophie Hermann -- The Herminator -- wore a red satin slash instead of a dress. She isn't mediocre at all.