Yacht Fascism, 1980-86 (a playlist by Oliver Craner)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Not sure if this is how Luke feels but I feel like Craner is a great undiscovered genius - an undiscovered author, an undiscovered DJ.

Not that I'll ever read any of his blogs OFC.

luka

Yeah of course. someone here, can't remember who, was asking how come everyone just acknowledges Craner as a genius when all he does is turn up drunk on a Friday night, commandeer the stereo and play the same Shalamar song five times in a row and everyone went, yeah not sure, he just is.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Weird how they all sung the same in the 80s. Well, I guess it's not weird - they were just imitating each other.

Always intrigued as to why a certain voice catches on at a certain time - think we've discussed this exhaustively on here before though.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I just sang along joyfully to "Gold" which I never would have played out of choice in a million years. The power of someone else picking music for you.

Visage 'Fade to Grey' is so good (I already knew this but it bears repeating).

muser

I'm listening now, i want to be on a yacht with a luscious full head of hair thinking about how pathetic all the poor people are.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Me when Barty tells me he's having a book published

8yzsylhvgD82a63y_vOhmlhIaD0u13sZXfAtuYjK5YqN8txOkP1sjSvwCPe304DWINorRjim3npIm8dYsUGAQ_VJYMyqQhJ8hzpyeyKRTd9PYN6PFPY_QEiKtCilR2Wws1h-P6sFl_kQSRFbrAGfRtqMWqywUNpHWHZyQThsXoBNjeplJQ

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I just finished reading Master and Commander and I'm dipping my toe tentatively in Moby Dick – and now this Yacht Fascism!

The universe is sending me signals.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Art of Noise makes me instantly search for this:

Makes me think there could be a playlist of Yacht Rap (Yacht Fascist Rap?) - probably wouldn't include this, would be Rick Ross, Puff Daddy, etc.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The Yachtlife is the ultimate aspirational lifestyle on Instagram (for a chunk of people, the other chunk aspire to live a freewheeling life travelling the world and having "Experiences").

Reactions: RWY

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
history-supreme-yacht-2.jpg

"It is the most expensive private yacht in the world and is also called Baia 100 Supreme. It is claimed that it belongs to a Malaysian businessman whose name is unknown. What increases the price of this yacht is that it was constructed through using rare and precious materials such as tiny meteorites, dinosaur bones, precious metals as there are 100,000 kg of platinum and gold that are used for decorating the yacht and increasing its luxury and there are also precious stones which are used for decorating different parts such as the deck, dining area and the anchor. What a lavish yacht!"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
history-supreme-yacht-2.jpg

"It is the most expensive private yacht in the world and is also called Baia 100 Supreme. It is claimed that it belongs to a Malaysian businessman whose name is unknown. What increases the price of this yacht is that it was constructed through using rare and precious materials such as tiny meteorites, dinosaur bones, precious metals as there are 100,000 kg of platinum and gold that are used for decorating the yacht and increasing its luxury and there are also precious stones which are used for decorating different parts such as the deck, dining area and the anchor. What a lavish yacht!"
Chinny reckon.