Collage

mvuent

Void Dweller
collage was an archaic, outdated musical form by the late 60s. and that's if we're being generous. sorry to the cavemen who are still awed by it but those are the facts.
maybe the thread should be locked just to ensure that there isn't any confusion. if you want post your favorite works of collage feel free to do it here.

mvuent

Void Dweller
The other is Robin Rimbaud, Scanner, I’ve heard, with radio noises.

He is very experimental, because he is searching in a realm of sound which is not usually used for music. But I think he should transform more what he finds.

He leaves it too much in a raw state. He has a good sense of atmosphere, but he is too repetitive again. So let him listen to my work Hymnen. There are found objects – a lot like he finds with his scanner, you see. But I think he should learn from the art of transformation, so that what you find sounds completely new, as I sometimes say, like an apple on the moon.

version

"Ballard understood that collage was the great 20th century artform and that the mediatized unconscious was a collage artist. Where are his 21st century inheritors, those who can use the fiction-kits Ballard assembled in the 60s as diagrams and blueprints for a new kind of fiction?"

-- k-punk

Benny Bunter

With the nuum approach to collage, and probably a lot of other types of collage music that often samples big chunks of things in service of functionality, what appeals is the shameless brazen cheekiness of it. "That works, I'll have that." Sometimes you're left flabbergasted, like, how do they think they can get away that?

Hardcore is the ultimate example probably, but Jackin' had it in spades for a good year or two.

You cheeky bastard! But it works, so...

catalog

"Ballard understood that collage was the great 20th century artform and that the mediatized unconscious was a collage artist. Where are his 21st century inheritors, those who can use the fiction-kits Ballard assembled in the 60s as diagrams and blueprints for a new kind of fiction?"

-- k-punk

dean blunt