Record of the Year 2020

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
like if they were affiliated with planet mu then sure, but they aren't. they put out an ep on drop bass network for christs sake.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
its arse backwards music was getting more and more interesting and then people suddenly thought oh music could get more and more boring, that'd be a really good development, let's have another drone album

@droid is going to fight you over this, and I'm going to egg you on. go on.

boxedjoy

it has this thing where on one hand it's really pretty and soft, those dubbed-up blissed-out vocals and the soft flutes, but then it's got not just that ferocious bass but those brittle propulsive drums. I love the basslines and tones you get on early bleep records but I don't think any sound as simultaneously delicate as this does.

I would have considered mentioning it in it my dancefloor moments thread but the one time I got to hear it out my pal literally had just fucked off to the toilet and while I was loving dancing to it there was also that awkward "I wish someone was here for this" sense

woops

is not like other people
anyway. ranting aside

i dunno if i've told any of you lot this but since lockdown i have been listening to a lot of radio 3.
i live on my own so at times it's been a good companion
satie, gershwin, debussy, bach, jazz, all sorts

so that is one of my albums of 2020, radio 3.

i have to turn it off when the classical people start singing though

boxedjoy

LOVE "Freak Like U", bold to make a house track called "Freak Like -" in 2020 but it's so good. Also I think Real Lies are probably the best "band" in the UK right now?

LOVE "Freak Like U", bold to make a house track called "Freak Like -" in 2020 but it's so good. Also I think Real Lies are probably the best "band" in the UK right now?

but sure it all sounds like 1991. every tune there bar the last one sounds like 1991

Nice selection though. i cant resist electro like that innershades one

Reactions: RWY