Exclamation marks

version

Enthusiasm is embarrassing. You never want to betray excitement or urgency or anything like that.

Reactions: sus

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There was a piece in the Guardian a few years ago about how women are more likely to use them in a work email than men are, therefore they're good and we should all do it a lot more!!!

• Haha

version

It's depressing that you probably get paid more working for The Guardian and writing stuff like that than you do working for the NHS during a pandemic.

version

The more I think about this, the more insane it seems that someone with a public platform with a major newspaper chooses to dedicate an article to exclamation marks in work emails. There's millions, if not billions, in public money currently being looted and this is where their attention goes?

sus

It's because women have social skills and constantly try to smooth over tones and men are just autistic and put it out there for you to deal with

luka

90% of dissensus are 'spectrumy' to use Limburgers term. I thought you were in that camp after what you wrote on the Borges thread.

• Haha

linebaugh

I've never had male relationships that just put things out there. Always my female friends who had no problem telling with whom and what they have a problem with. Maybe why I'm not ready to dismiss the exlamation mark.

sus

90% of dissensus are 'spectrumy' to use Limburgers term. I thought you were in that camp after what you wrote on the Borges thread.
I had nothing else interesting to say but I'm interested in how concepts evolve, how we convert the raw nebulous world into a lossy taxonomy without even realizing it.

boxedjoy

The more I think about this, the more insane it seems that someone with a public platform with a major newspaper chooses to dedicate an article to exclamation marks in work emails. There's millions, if not billions, in public money currently being looted and this is where their attention goes?
to be fair, the commision is probably "do something light-hearted to offset everything else we are supposed to be covering"