Listen to this you knobheads

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Love both tracks - though first video looks a little Goldsmiths/Dean Blunt - and trying to work out who this is Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 17.27.58.png

Prefer 'deal with it'

john eden

male pale and stale
Maybe the Wire people do listen to stuff intently but they have different ears?

Like I wouldn't read the Wire to find out about Grime or Drill (or rap lol) but it might be interesting to read what someone who is really into Derek Bailey and Xenakis makes of Grime or Drill.

luka

And make sure yiu don't hear the now through the filter or the old. It's Hygeine

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Maybe the Wire people do listen to stuff intently but they have different ears?

Like I wouldn't read the Wire to find out about Grime or Drill (or rap lol) but it might be interesting to read what someone who is really into Derek Bailey and Xenakis makes of Grime or Drill.
Weirdly though when I first started starting The Wire in a WH Smiths (in about 1994) is one one of the only available mags writing about jungle and rap. Also I think back then there wasn't really a 'wire-mag' aesthetic - is was a jazz mag that had got interested in other stuff. There's now a Wire reading niche demographic, and Wire type Wire type places like Cafe Oto in most big cities

sus

I sat on my porch for 5 or 6 minutes, the length of yr tunes, smoking a spliff. I considered putting them on, in fact, I was overtaken by a hankering for song, for stimulus. Then I intentionally listened to the silence instead.

woops

is not like other people
I sat on my porch for 5 or 6 minutes, the length of yr tunes, smoking a spliff. I considered putting them on, in fact, I was overtaken by a hankering for song, for stimulus. Then I intentionally listened to the silence instead.
this is music in 2020