muser

I watched Mad Max last night basically a terrible movie, I always loved Mad Max 2 as a kid but never watched the first one. Spent most of the movie waiting for the zaney bikers to kill his wife and child, was a good moment when he got the cool car out and leathered up but didn't really pay off. Also when he beats the guy at chicken in the beginning and he starts crying. finishes really weirdly and abruptly.

I watched Mad Max last night basically a terrible movie, I always loved Mad Max 2 as a kid but never watched the first one. Spent most of the movie waiting for the zaney bikers to kill his wife and child, was a good moment when he got the cool car out and leathered up but didn't really pay off. Also when he beats the guy at chicken in the beginning and he starts crying. finishes really weirdly and abruptly.
The new one with Tom Hardy is far better

muser

I grew up in the 90s but my house was full of VHS recordings of 80s movies so I think it was the best era for box office cinema, action movies were only any good in 80s for example.

luka

Action film is a film genre in which the protagonist or protagonists are thrust into a series of events that typically include violence, extended fighting, physical feats, rescues and frantic chases. Action films tend to feature a mostly resourceful hero struggling against incredible odds, which include life-threatening situations, a d

woops

is not like other people
right well inspired perhaps by craner's western canon i thought i'd watch the films on that 80's list i haven't seen yet and unappropriately the first one that came up was hannah and her sisters

i think the fact that i enjoyed it at all shows that i must be getting old. rich middle class people falling in and out of love

could just have easily been made in the 70s down to the outfits and the new york vibe.

next up is raging bull

luka

Raging Bull I liked when I watched it as a teenager. Not really a cool eighties action film with robots and lasers though

IdleRich

IdleRich
right well inspired perhaps by craner's western canon i thought i'd watch the films on that 80's list i haven't seen yet and unappropriately the first one that came up was hannah and her sisters

i think the fact that i enjoyed it at all shows that i must be getting old. rich middle class people falling in and out of love

could just have easily been made in the 70s down to the outfits and the new york vibe.

next up is raging bull
I thought it WAS 70s

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

next up is raging bull

the best part

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind

hacking the atm while carrying a boombox and riding a dirt bike was the coolest thing i ever saw as a kid.

muser

Number one coolest thing for me as a kid was the shotgun spin reload. 2nd was Wesley snipes throwing a guy through the glass in demolition man.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
This thread inspired me yesterday and I looked for terminator to rewatch it, but I came across predator on a free streaming service. First time watching it. My dad made the point that it was essentially a proto-Expendables. Buncha tough guys absolutely shredding stuff down with power weapons. @luka would like The Expendables in that capacity.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Not sure if I've seen expendables 2 or 3, but the first one is an indulgent and testosterone-fueled joyride, from what I remember. Seemingly inspired by predator.