Grounding

I do want to but I have an unshakable disgust for crusties and hippies. Im quite conflicted on a level because I do love everything they stand for but i have this aesthetic sensitivity and aggressive rejection of a certain looseness

walking about outside in your bare feet for example, theoretically and according do mixed biscuits scientifically a beautiful and therapeutic thing. but the reality would make me want to grab them by the back of the neck "get them fuckin shoes on now!!"

mixed_biscuits

I was just studying some physics a few days ago and the electrical bits of the theory made more sense than they would have done previously.

I also hold to the heuristic that things we're used to are good and things we're not used to are bad (eg. high frequency flicker in lights).

catalog

Ithell colquhoun talks about animism and rocks holding a lot of electromagnetic power. And in another passage recalls someone getting headaches from being near electricity pylons.

And Jan fries says that the word 'quartz' derives from 'dwarfs' and rocks with a lot of quartz have been used ceremonially, with people thinking that they contain dwarves...

It seems daft at first, but when you consider the sensitivity of insects and birds to very light electromagnetic waves why should it be?

@Mr. Tea the physicist what do you think? no common sense please, open your mind and get those fucking shoes off

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
like the bluestones at Stone'enge

taphenge-5.jpg

stone was the first i-phone, very old relationships

Woebot

great! a grounding thread!

my grounding 101 for all the genuine space cadets:

no music :cry:
no movies
(too immersive)
get outdoors at least 3 times a day (in all weathers) (get cold and let your body heat you up in winter)
exercise (swim, cycle, run, walk whatever)
no hats (gotta keep your sky eye open ;))
no air nikes or inflatable trainers (leather soled shoes optimal BUT i think the barefoot thing is generally excessive and wrongheaded - in fact i think there's something very grounding about socks and shoes - just not walking on air thank you very much)
no stimulants of any kind (no caffeine, no nicotine, no alcohol, no cocaine, no lsd etc etc)
as much sex as you like (like those free categories in all the best diets)
grow plants or garden (obvious innit)
low/no red meat (the classical position was that eating meat was grounding. this was wrong. meat and fish produce more dopamine precursors)

luka

But beware. One of my nutty cousins has been following those rules for decades and is the most depressed person I know

luka

these things have a tendency to tip into asceticism and self denial. Walk into my cousins Unheated timber board house in a damp nz winter and see him preparing his raw cauliflower meal

no movies
(too immersive)
get outdoors at least 3 times a day (in all weathers) (get cold and let your body heat you up in winter)
no air nikes or inflatable trainers (leather soled shoes optimal BUT i think the barefoot thing is generally excessive and wrongheaded - in fact i think there's something very grounding about socks and shoes - just not walking on air thank you very much)
no stimulants of any kind (no caffeine, no nicotine, no alcohol, no cocaine, no lsd etc etc)
low/no red meat (the classical position was that eating meat was grounding. this was wrong. meat and fish produce more dopamine precursors)
This is more about psychological grounding than electrical grounding though? None of these will plug your brown wire into the earthing pin.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

no movies
(too immersive)
How are you meant to muster the PASSION and LUST for all that SEX if you have no PROTEIN???

lessprotein.jpg