luka

I was saying to my Ulster brother Shiels I was reading this thing on Mitch McConnell and it all felt very familiar. I thought, I know this man, he's one of ours, I can smell the Ulster on him and plus he looks just like my aunt Margaret. So I looked him up on Wikipedia and lo and behold I was bang on the money.
We are also related to president Johnson and president Nixon.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Objectively untrue. He was at Hillsborough on the day of the disaster (albeit on the other side of the stadium). Football references came up quite frequently in conversation, and I always got the impression he thought slightly less of me for not recognising any of them.

Alright, fair enough! That's one I'll take back. But surely he would have had to realise that hooliganism itself was a form of psychedelic cognitive obliteration, albeit a crude and unsophisticated one.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
There's always been a dark scuzzed out aspect to psychedelic culture. and I wonder why @shiels recoils from it so much. OK, I don't doubt that Mark was not advocating everyone drop acid, but the darkness itself is indivisibly part of psychedelic culture, even if one is to remain sober.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's not an aberration it's part of the spectrum the qliphoth the upside-down

and given the world itself is upside down, which is the whole point of this transformation, then leaning into all the horrors of the world being reverted back, I just don't think the acid communists understand this.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
if you just take the good bits of psychedelic culture then you don't change anything because the good bits are the optimal normal anyway. It's necessary to bring out the faustian and schizophrenic dimensions.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is why beethoven is objectively better than the beatles.

Not mozart though, the scousers can have that one, he was saccharine. But beethoven was deadly.

ask @Corpsey - Beethoven is very dark.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the whole point of transformation is to discover the trauma in endless shagging, in counter culture. because there is a trauma. it isn't all honey and roses. it's to work with that trauma.

I know you are going to get a bit weird and call me a cuddly teddy but I'm actually being very serious here, just ask Luke. It's like the difference between falling in love with a boy/girl and a man/woman. world of contrasts. The map needs to be fully revealed to you.

There's always been a dark scuzzed out aspect to psychedelic culture. and I wonder why @shiels recoils from it so much. OK, I don't doubt that Mark was not advocating everyone drop acid, but the darkness itself is indivisibly part of psychedelic culture, even if one is to remain sober.
do I?
Nice. I would have gone along to that if I had known, are you doing any more? I’ve been to a few psychedelic society events. Their first meet and then a talk at earth hackney with the founder and robin harris which was good. But I also find the community off-putting in some ways. I have hippie tendencies. But there’s an anti-hippie gremlin in me that clenches his fist reading about events like ‘slow dating’

I liked the idea of that thread on psychedelia and the avant-garde. It’s sad we didn’t get to see Mark Fisher expand on the acid communism stuff. It was an interesting turn. In terms of aesthetics, a lot of psychedelic art is too nostalgic, channeling 60s counterculture (maybe this is because of a circling around the first trauma) But i’d like to see psychedelic tropes: beautiful patterns, dissolving boundaries, strange and sacred geometry, amorphous states but executed in future focused art that leans toward being potentially odd or uncomfortable rather than familiar. The experience can be terrifying and some of the most interesting visions and insights are dark and unsettling, this isn’t always reflected in how psychedelic art looks and feels.