craner

Beast of Burden
"Will Freeman lives a carefree lifestyle without any responsibility or commitments, thanks to royalties left to him by his father's successful Christmas song. Will joins the Single Parents Alone Together (SPAT) community group under the pretense that he is the father to an imaginary child, but instead aims to meet single mothers."

:ROFLMAO:

In the film he structures every day around a trip to HMV where he buys a load of CDs which he takes home and listens to once. This is how I understand your usage of the internet.

luka

if you get treated like an idiot youll remain an idiot its only by being challenged and meeting resstance and
gettng frustrted that you can become something more than an idiot

version

In the film he structures every day around a trip to HMV where he buys a load of CDs which he takes home and listens to once. This is how I understand your usage of the internet.
Kind of is, kind of isn't. There's some stuff I don't find interesting enough to spend a lot of time engaging with and there's some stuff I get drawn into and spend a lot of time on. The former comes across more on here because I'm increasingly conscious of just mentioning the same thing over and over, like when I used to bring up Pynchon in every single thread, even if that's currently what I'm really into. That, and if I've spent loads of time reading about something then I can't always be bothered to discuss it because I've already spent loads of time on it.

version

There's definitely a lot of stuff I'm curious enough about to want to know what it is, but not that arsed that I want to devote a lot of time to it. I might want to know who Stuart Gilbert is and why Joyce provided him with a schema, but I don't particularly want to read a load of stuff about Stuart Gilbert beyond that, so I'll just look him on Wikipedia.

sus

That Discord I'm in sometimes falls into that pattern of throwing stones at other people on the left. It seems to be much more appealing than actually working together and doing anything of note. That Groucho Marx - Woody Allen thing of not wanting to belong to any club that would have you for a member. As soon as something takes off or starts moving, you pit yourself against it and start over again.
It's almost as if the real thing people were optimizing for was symbolic capital and Bourdieusean distinction.

sus

Most problems of contemporary life don't need "fixing" on a social scale, if all you want is "out." If all you want is out, a few years employment, planning, and frugal spending can get you a wife, rural cabin, and some hunting rifles.

I don't think people want out, or the exit rate would be way higher. People like society despite all the bitching. That's not to say there isn't a better possible social arrangement, just that it's better than not being socially arranged.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
a few years employment, planning, and frugal spending can get you a wife, rural cabin, and some hunting rifles.

don’t let that there London read this, which, despite its appeal, excludes land rights, property prices, legality of weapons and then your breeding mantra (you’re 4-0 down with minutes on the clock)

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Interesting how this miserablism desires an exit from what it asserts is already totalizing. This was a big part of the Hermitix episode I did a thread on, about Mark Fisher and zombies.