Ever forgot to go to a gig?

Leo

No, but I once bought a ticket to see Tackhead and later realized I'd already purchased one.

entertainment

i once got into an argument with a girlfriend before a gig while eating a burger and stormed out to go get drunk with a friend

tomfun

Forgot to go and see The Roots, a couple of months later i forgot to go and see Prince (Had tickets for both).

Fell asleep before i was meant to go and see Steinski and woke up after the gig had finished.

Forgot to go to see Romeo from the So Solid Crew and Average White Band because i was too stoned, both of which i was the support act for. Fuck knows what they did, probably had to play a cd from the sound desk or something.

entertainment

what was the argument?
I don't remember. It wasn't about the burger, it would have had to be more serious than that. I remember feeling that she had abandoned all logic and reason and that walking away was the only sane response. Maybe I wanted to escalate a conflict in order to have an occasion to end things.

How would you get into a serious argument about the way someone was eating a burger, @Leo?

Maybe if they were using a nice and fork cos that's very silly

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

Leo

true. I guess excessively messy eating could be an issue, like cramming half the burger in your mouth at once and having the grease and ketchup smear all over your face, not a good look. some people also get very annoyed by loud, open-mouth chewing.

a wiseass friend used to play a game called "look" at the dinner table as a kid to gross out his sister. moments after taking a big bite of food, he'd say "look" to her and open wide to reveal the half-chewed mouthful of food.

not that I speculated you would do any of those things.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yeah, forgot to go see kassem moss and the whole workshop records crew in some warehouse cos i'd gotten into an argument with my dad and got shitfaced with some posh bloke and his missus.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
they had boddika and joy orbison in the main room which of course i would have skipped but not so gutted i missed out on a room 2 gig, i guess.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I think that gig made me realise just how shit most clubbing is. the good stuff, in this case german leftfield house and techno was relegated to the second room cos it wouldn't make a profit like hyphn go goldsmiths shagathon.

Reactions: RWY

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is when i also decided to develop the prototypes for dj jihad in a labatory. destroy your scenes and subcultures, full cognitive obliteration now. only the arcane headz know.

Reactions: Leo

Leo

they had boddika and joy orbison in the main room which of course i would have skipped but not so gutted i missed out on a room 2 gig, i guess.

it's funny, since I'm totally removed from "the scene" on the ground and unaware of the goldsmiths baggage, I liked a lot of the boddika stuff at the time. interesting blend of styles, techno with a nuum influence, cool drum sound.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's funny, since I'm totally removed from "the scene" on the ground and unaware of the goldsmiths baggage, I liked a lot of the boddika stuff at the time. interesting blend of styles, techno with a nuum influence, cool drum sound.

Boddika stuff was ok as filler I suppose. Just prefered the stuff Combat Recordings, Cutting room etc were doing. industrial nuum for ontologically confused semi-urban/semi-suburban dwellers.