sean bowie (teams/yves tumor) thread

other_life

bioconfused
there was some murmurings about Guy in the shoegaze thread so i did this for youse.

here's a playlist of all his discography (as far as i'm aware) that's on youtube, in chronological order (to the best of my knowledge).
go nuts.

other_life

bioconfused
the best way to understand teams is to listen to catch pool, then put on serpent music or deposit of faith and then listen to one world or any way is not my own. so to zip from the beginning to closer to the end to around the middle.

other_life

bioconfused
there was an interview with dude where he mentioned making some connection when he moved to the west coast because someone recognised his hype williams tee at a club.
dean (blunt) has collaborated with james (ferarro) and ferarro and (sean) bowie have collaborated (and its one of the best entries in either of their discographies) but blunt and bowie have not collaborated, yet.
why is that?

Leo

someone here (@pattycakes_ ? @boxedjoy ?) once posted something about being on a crowded dance floor and Yves stepped on his foot with his big platform shoes. or did I dream that? either way, it's great imagery.

I don't have any of the albums but always like this one, bit of a different sound for him.

Last edited:

other_life

bioconfused
it's a highlight for sure but ig i fail to understand what's so shockingly different about it from the Soul Sample Chops he had on his first record 6 years prior. that's part of why i wanted to share that playlist bc it feels like coverage of guy is 'yves tumor is this shocking new proposition' but guy goes back (similar happened with ferarro and farside virtual + the HD vocal records he made around and after it, to be fair)

boxedjoy

someone here (@pattycakes_ ? @boxedjoy ?) once posted something about being on a crowded dance floor and Yves stepped on his foot with his big platform shoes.
that was me! Such a good night. I loved seeing it happen too - in a small club in Berlin where you're not even performing, it would be easy to just go in everyday clothes for dancing, but to go out in character like that I think takes real committment.

Leo

it's a highlight for sure but ig i fail to understand what's so shockingly different about it from the Soul Sample Chops he had on his first record 6 years prior. that's part of why i wanted to share that playlist bc it feels like coverage of guy is 'yves tumor is this shocking new proposition' but guy goes back (similar happened with ferarro and farside virtual + the HD vocal records he made around and after it, to be fair)

like I said, I don't have any of his albums, just heard things here and there. and that track I posted is a lot less noisy than other stuff of his I've heard. will check out the Soul Sample Chops.