sufi

lala
The darkest timeline concept is more alaming from another angle though
if we think we're in the worst of all worlds that affects our expectations and behaviour isnt it - assuming bad faith and lack of good outcomes incentivises bad behaviour, so the more idiots think we're stuck in a bad timeline, the worse they will make this reality, like a self-fulfilling prophecy (unfortunately, rather than a spandex attired parkour fantasy where everybody is a hollywood a-lister and noone cares when swarms of normies get toasted)

we need to be advocating for the nicest simpering most pleasantest timeline with unicorns an fluffy bunnnies

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
if we think we're in the worst of all worlds that affects our expectations and behaviour isnt it - assuming bad faith and lack of good outcomes incentivises bad behaviour, so the more idiots think we're stuck in a bad timeline, the worse they will make this reality, like a self-fulfilling prophecy (unfortunately, rather than a spandex attired parkour fantasy where everybody is a hollywood a-lister and noone cares when swarms of normies get toasted)

we need to be advocating for the nicest simpering most pleasantest timeline with unicorns an fluffy bunnnie
Thats part of the reason I'm against the whole canceled future standpoint, its just not pragmatic.

luka

with the cancelled future thing its more a case of saying i dont want anything available in this buffet, not i dont want anything at all ever

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
And all of that is warranted, I just don't see the endgame there. It seems like the only effect it has is making oneself miserable, which I suppose is a form of protest.

version

And all of that is warranted, I just don't see the endgame there. It seems like the only effect it has is making oneself miserable, which I suppose is a form of protest.
That's why some people think the miserablists on the left are, wittingly or unwittingly, a tool of their opponents.

luka

i was going to do a thread called mark fisher and the miserabilism probelm in the wake of his death but decided it was too soon

luka

but the left as a thing is rooted in complaining. you cant have a non moaning, non discontent left. it doesnt make any sense.

luka

its constituency is the discontent and the focus of its claims are that life is shit. this is absolutely vital.

version

i was going to do a thread called mark fisher and the miserabilism probelm in the wake of his death but decided it was too soon
Nick Land's got a piece about that called "Critique of Transcendental Miserablism",

There is a gathering trend among neomarxists to finally bury all aspiration to positive economism (‘freeing the forces of production from capitalist relations of production’) and install a limitless cosmic despair in its place. Who still remembers Khruschev’s threat to the semicapitalist West—“we’ll bury you”? Or Mao’s promise that the Great Leap Forward would ensure the Chinese economy leapt past that of the uk within 15 years? The Frankfurtian spirit now rules: Admit that capitalism will outperform its competitors under almost any imaginable circumstances, while turning that very admission into a new kind of curse (“we never wanted growth anyway, it just spells alienation, besides, haven’t you heard that the polar bears are drowning …?”)

sufi

lala
Thats part of the reason I'm against the whole canceled future standpoint, its just not pragmatic.
what's the other part

we need to be advocating for the nicest simpering most pleasantest timeline with unicorns an fluffy bunnnies
fotherington-thomas of timelines

tumblr_lx9xpjiFTO1qz569do1_500.jpg

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
It’s a crucial part of consciousness and various drugs, art in the form of image and storytelling motifs all the way to music. They all move your temporal flow around and probably why these themes feature so heavily here

All our myths and mystical esoterica orbit temporal realignment in certain ways, either through cyclical or linear trajectories. It’s also why we dance. Temporal slips, however they are introduced, may be one of last forms of magic left

version

Probably worth noting that "timeline" is also one of the terms used for Twitter and Facebook feeds and everyone's curating their own whilst checking out each other's.

wild greens

Just trying to get my head round the logistics

Do dogs get to do parallel universe timeline switching or is it just us clever lads with thumbs

Are there elephants out there enjoying multiverse excursions