craner

Beast of Burden
I went to a wedding a few years ago that involved people of the late 20s to early 30s age bracket and they all rushed to the dance floor when Coldplay came on. They had a special Coldplay dance that involved stretching one arm upright and pointing a finger at the ceiling (presumably symbolizing the sky and/or cosmos), tilting their head upwards and closing their eyes tightly, while mouthing the words and shuffling around in one spot. It was a unisex phenomena.

Is this something you do Corpsey?

IdleRich

IdleRich
There was one incident (not coldplay related) where I attended a party dressed as a schoolgirl (it was that sort of party) and I projectile vomited outside the village hall before i even got inside, which somehow ruined everything for me – i stormed off, dressed as a schoolgirl, crying
Amazing! Though to be perfect, you should have met someone on the way home - ideally a girl dressed as Chris Martin* - and bonded and then she would have sucked your soul right out through your winkie.

*though, I can't think how someone would be able to dress in such a way that people would see them and go "Oh look they are dressed as Chris Martin" cos as far as I am aware he has no distinguishing features.

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i don't really know what a musical artist is but there's this one song that i like that i think would suit a musical. i only like the build up until 2:20 though, i hate the rest of the song.

william_kent

maybe this will be a game changer:

1630606723806.png

An incredible 40 years since their last studio album ‘The Visitors’, ABBA have not only recorded two new songs, ‘I Still Have Faith In You’ and ‘Don’t Shut Me Down’, but they have recorded and produced an entire new album. Recorded together at Benny’s studio Riksmixningsverket in Stockholm, ‘Voyage’ will be released worldwide on 5th November.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

catalog

I think I read somewhere recently (here?) that Chris carter from throbbing gristle was really into abba

william_kent

Everyone knows I'm a big fan of ABBA but what a lot of people probably don't know is that it was Sleazy who gave me my first ABBA record, ‘Waterloo’, and some signed 10 x 8 photos of the band… ah, love at first sight. He could be quite generous when he wanted to be, though at the time I thought he might be trying to get into my pants. Well, he was, but that’s another story. I remember the day in 1980 when Super Trouper was released it was a really big thing. Throbbing Gristle were in former West Berlin and I asked to stop the splitter van at a record store near Zoologischer Garten, in the old city centre. I jumped out, rushed into the store and bought it on cassette, I stuck it in my Walkman and began walking back to the van but started jumping about to the music.

Of course everyone was laughing and I was completely embarrassed, but I just couldn't help myself. I refused to put it on in the van and sat in the back in my own reverie playing it on headphones with a big smile on my face while we drove to Checkpoint Charlie for a Throbbing Gristle photoshoot. No one else in Throbbing Gristle ever really got ABBA, it seemed completely alien to them,“Why would you like that?" Except later on when Cosey and I started our affair and I gave her a copy of ‘Dancing Queen’ to use in her stripping routine. It didn’t occur to me that its way too fast to strip to, so she rarely used it but it became our seventies secret love affair song.

from Chris Carter's favourite albums

Reactions: Leo

catalog

It makes a lot of sense as to the appeal of tg and all the rest that sleazy and Carter were into their pop music