Provincial UK Cities Rated - Nominations

maxi

The nearest major city tends to act as a hub though, so Demdike getting involved with Boomkat and co. falls under Manchester, imo.
It's like how radio 1 dj colin murray is technically from dundonald, slightly east of belfast, but it's generally considered a suburb of belfast

maxi

just listened to 2047, it's really nice, thanks for the tip
No prob, though for the purpose of this thread I think hke/dream catalogue is based in London actually so maybe shouldnt count

think Sangam is still MCR though and he makes some great stuff. incredibly prolific like a dozen albums a year

Leo

I used to chuckle to myself every time we visited my in-laws near Rugby, thinking Spacemen 3 once waited on the very same train platform.

tomfun

glasgow also has that luckyme label with rustie and hudson mohawke
That label is from Edinburgh (I would produce radio shows in the studio next to their office, i am in Edinburgh)

Post Punk bands from Edinburgh:
Scars
Fire Engines
Josef K

Reactions: Leo

Leo

That label is from Edinburgh (I would produce radio shows in the studio next to their office, i am in Edinburgh)

Post Punk bands from Edinburgh:
Scars
Fire Engines
Josef K

Boots for Dancing
Fast Product
Pop Aural

Trillhouse

I think Delia Derbyshire made pretty much all her music whilst living in London, outside of the BBC I know she had a studio in Camden with Dave Vorhaus. It's kinda hard to not see her music as a product the BBC studio & people she met there.

It's late but I'll add

David Rodigan - Oxford
Rod Temperton (Heatwave & MJ) - Lincolnshire
John Martyn - somewhere between Surrey & Glasgow.
John McLaughlin (Mahavishnu Orchestra, regular Miles band member etc) - Doncaster
Soft Machine - Canterbury (+ the whole Psychedelic Canterbury scene)

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I'm not going to update the list in the voting thread, but feel free to vote for late entries anyway if you want.

London boroughs and / or satellite towns might be fun but someone else can do that.