Writhe and crawl and scream for life
But I can't listen now
I'm too busy with the knife
I don't hear you laughing
My dismembered friend
I don't hear you laughing
You don't like my sweet revenge

luka

It's very odd isn't it. This thread is awful, but it should be great. My theory is the songs we imagine exist don't in fact exist

Benny Bunter

It's very odd isn't it. This thread is awful, but it should be great. My theory is the songs we imagine exist don't in fact exist
You could be right! It is odd, I'm still drawing a blank.
I think I botched it - maybe it should have been more about betrayal rather than pure revenge, could have included "Friend of mine" and stuff like that. Probably also just wanted an excuse to post that K Michelle song.

luka

definitely not your fault. you were clear about what you wanted. righteous black women scorned singing about taking brutal revenge with performances of maximum sturm und drang intensity and upheavel

Leo

read a story today about a suspected poacher in South Africa who was trampled to death by an elephant. it's not a song, but sounds vengeful. and then saw another story from a few years ago about a poacher who was killed by an elephant, and then eaten by lions. serves him right, don't fuck with Mother Nature.

Benny Bunter

Lacks the massive emotional turmoil and drama I was after that makes the K Michelle song in the OP so powerful, but worth posting I suppose.

The search continues...