version

Watched his Body Snatchers remake last night. Terrifying. I can't remember the Siegel or Kaufman ones too well since it's been a while, but the pods in this one were really something; horrible, probing roots crawling all over people.

There's a chilling scene where the main family's son is in school and the teacher has them all paint something. They hold them up one by one and every child but him has done the same fluorescent pink, pod-like mass of tendrils.

version

"Where you gonna go, where you gonna run, where you gonna hide? Nowhere... 'cause there's no one like you left."

Leo

chatted today with a guy who got the contents of a storage locker belonging to Abel's dealer, who apparently passed away recently. the guy I know is a record dealer, said he uncovered among other things lots of LPs that were probably given to the dealer over the years to pay off debts. most of them were worthless but ended up with a dozen or so rare jazz records.

version

@catalog

Apparently he's writing a book, some sort of autobiography.

AF: ... I got a fucking deal from the Italian publisher who published Oliver Stone’s book and Tarantino’s, right? This chick’s like this punked-out cool chick, but she’s got a real ’70s sensibility. She’s a big fan.

MB: How’s it coming?

AF: It’s painful. What happened was, this chick approached and I’m acting like, “Dude, I could write a fucking book, blah blah blah,” and end up negotiating a fucking cool deal, taking the money, and I ain’t giving the money back. So now I’m stuck writing it. That’s real writing, you got to write 400 pages.

😂

AF: ... My book is called Scene. It’s about other people. You know, the crazy people I know. I keep trying to keep myself to the minimum. Believe me, I got some list of lunatics. There’s no shortage of material, it’s just a matter of sitting down and writing every day. But I’m doing it.

catalog

i would probably read it if he did write one. the book about him that is out there is not very good, the one by nick kent.